20."Whoop his ass"

Chapter 20.

"Whoop his ass"

I had never known that a human body could twist into that position. Noah was on the floor 'stretching' and his arms were behind his head and his right leg was in the air in a weird position. I cringed outwardly at the position that looked uncomfortable as fuck.

I didn't know why he was trying to make us laugh. We were already in a good mood. It was Christmas Eve! No one needed anymore cheering up, our faces already had huge grins on them.

Me and Kaiden were supposed to be heading home soon, so I went upstairs and bring my bags down. I ascended from the sofa and headed up the stairs.

Once I had gotten in my room, I grabbed my duffle bag and my Ted Baker bag and walked down the stairs to place them near the front door.

Once my bags were at the front door, I prepared myself for all the hugs that would come my way. Maybe a few tears too.

I was still at the door when I noticed Bailey coming up to me and enveloping me in a bear hug. I didn't have to see her to know that she was crying, I could feel her moist tears on my shoulder.

"Bails, you need not cry so much. We're seeing each other on boxing day."

"Y-Yeah, I know. Lani, I-I need to tell you something. I-I'm.." Bailey couldn't finish her sentence and she burst into tears. I wasn't stupid. I knew what she wanted to say. I was an observant person. I took notice of the little things that you wouldn't usually notice if you weren't looking closely. Lately, Bailey had been eating more than normal and she was emotional.

Bailey was pregnant.

"I know Bailey. I've been waiting about a week for you to tell me." I pulled away from her and took a hold of her pale wrist to drag her into the living room to sit on the plush white sofa.

As soon as we sit down the waterworks start again.

"I'm scared Lani. What if when I tell Noah he leaves me and the baby? What if when I tell my mum she kicks me out? I'll have nowhere to go Lani."

"Bails, you know you can always come to mine if your mum tells you to leave."

"What if your new dad doesn't like me? Don't you remember Max? It's because of him we lost contact." It was beyond me how she could form that sentence since she had began to sob louder.

"Bailey, James will love you. And if he doesn't, then you know that my mum will beat his ass into loving you. Don't forget that my mum is half African. More specifically, half Ghanaian and she ain't scared to whoop his ass for you since she loves you. Plus, you know that I'm moving out soon so you can move in with me and we can be roommates."

This made Bailey smile, and she wiped her tears.

"Come on Bailey, I have to get going now." We both got up and headed to the kitchen where everyone else was.

I said my goodbyes to everyone while Bailey took Noah to the dining room to tell him the news. Afterwards, Kaiden and I were heading to the door. As we were heading out, I heard my name being called so I turned around and was met with Liam standing there looking awkward.

I knew that Kaiden was waiting for me behind me so I signalled him with the wave of my hand to go to the car but not before telling him to get our bags too.

I nodded to Liam, and he nodded back. I knew he wanted to say something else, but I didn't want to hear it so I just left the house and got into Kaiden's BMW.

That was probably the last time I'd see Liam.

Bye, baby.

-------------------------

When we got home, I expected to see an empty living room that contained a heavily decorated Christmas tree in our living room with a huge pile of presents under, there would be a mistletoe and lots of other decorations up too. There'd be mum in her office working and dad in the kitchen making her food because he had pissed her off.

That was the image in my head the whole ride home.

However, when I opened the living room, I heard noises coming from the living room and I opened the door without giving it a second thought.

My expectation was totally different from reality.

What my poor eyes saw was my parents half naked having a heavy make-out session on the sofa while my dad was unhooking my mums bra and my mum's hands were in James' boxers.

I let out a yelp and immediately covered my eyes and turned around so my back faced them.

Because of the noise that escaped my mouth, Kaiden ran into the living room and as soon as he saw what I had previously seen he left the living room gagging.

"Oh, fuck!" Was the only thing that came from my father's mouth.

"That's what you were planning to do to mum." I laced my tone with disgust and I grimaced.

I had no clue why I was still standing there.

"You can turn around now Kehlani." My mum let out a soft giggle.

I slowly turned around without removing my hands but I left a few small gaps in between my fingers just to make sure that everything was appropriate for my scarred eyes.

I finally removed my hands when I saw that my parents weren't indecent anymore.

I guess one thing was in my expectations and my reality.

A heavily decorated Christmas tree.