Chapter 11: Disown

Start from the beginning

"How did you even know this when all I remember about you was you guys leaving me. And by the way I already have this movie." Nick heard the anger that coated my word before he pulled me into his arms.

"Brooklyn that's not true! We love you, it's not our fault we were busy with work or that fact that you were an ungrateful child and still are. Me and your father worked hard so you could have everything you want and all we asked in return was for you to become a doctor or lawyer and finish college with your masters, but you didn't. You are a disgrace to us. We are lucky enough you found a guy after you screwed everything with your last one."

The worst part wasn't that she was insulting me, I am use to that, but it's the fact she couldn't even look me in the eye and say it, instead she looked at Nick. Closing my eyes I felt a tear slip from my eyes, before I looked at my mother. Shaking my head a little, "Find your own way to the hotel." I move out of Nicks grip and run to the car trying to get fresh air to breath. I could see Nick saying something to them before running after me, he looked mad I wasn't sure if it was because of me or my parents.

I lean up against the car watching as Nick walks right up to be brings this thumb up rubbing my cheek then begins tracing my lips with it. "What did you say to them? You look mad?" I close my eye enjoying his touch.

"I told them that they don't deserve a daughter like you and that they should be ashamed. And I am mad, Brooklyn it hurts me to see you in pain, physical or emotional." I put my head on his chest just listening to his heart, wrapping our arms around each other. I don't know how long we stayed like that but I wish it was longer, we started to feel rain drop which was the reason we parted. Looking at the sky you could tell it was about to storm, I have always loved thunderstorms. I don't know why but they just help think and I alway get things done when it storms, they are my own personal therapist. Nick and I get into the car not saying anything the whole way home or even when we walk in through the door, there wasn't tension but you could tell Nick was waiting for me to talk first.

I walk over the the couch right by the window, quietly sitting down looking out at the rain beginning to get faster, I can see Nick leaned against the wall just looking at me.

"I have never seen my parents as my parents..." I started, taking a deep breath before continuing. "They ended up basically leaving me when I was just around 5 they always used the 'work' thing saying they had to get things done, but it was really just them not wanting to deal we me and Liz. Liz ended up being the closest thing to a mother to me, taking me to my first day of school, doing my hair, packing my lunch, teaching me how to be a women. I remember I was maybe 6 or so and I call Liz mom I remember her crying saying she wish I had one, that we had one. It was when I started college they called once a month asking how getting my masters for being a lawyer was going, little did they know I end up changing my plans. Instead I started to get my masters for veterinary medicine, while doing that I started playing soccer again for them. I ended up getting scouted then the next thing I know I am on the women's pro team, my parents said if I didn't quit they would disown me. I laughed and told them they never own me. Now they only call when there's a guy or when they try and tell me to go to back to college and do everything they say. "

I didn't even notice that Nick moved to sit by me, pulling me up on to his lap. He doesn't say anything we just sit there for a good hour just watching the storm and his hand drawing patterns on my back.

"Thank you for telling me." Nick breaks the silence.

"Thank you for not saying sorry." He smiles making me return one.

"I knew you didn't want to hear sorry." And how right he was. Sorry is one of the most useless words out there. People only use it because they got caught doing something or for pity.

Two days later

My parents had asked to meet us for dinner and to talk, Nick said it would be good that maybe they want to apologize. So that brought me here. At some fancy restaurant. Walking in with a simple coral colored dress, that is tight to the waist then falls to mid thigh, my hair natural and no make up. Nick was in a suit but without the jacket.

Once we walk in I see my parent at a table in the back away from everyone else, good so when I kill them no one will know. We walk to the table and take a set, my mom looking at my appearance clearly not liking the way I presented myself with the look she gave me. It was quiet for a few minutes before my dad looked at Nick "So Nick what do you do for a living?". Of course he wants to know.

"Nothing he is homeless." I snap. I feel Nick's hand on my thigh giving it a little squeeze.

Nick looks over to my father before answering "I work in the entertainment business.". My father nods then the waiter comes and takes our order, before leaving he gives me a wink then walks away. Nick's hand tightening.

My mother ask her question now, asking how we meet. He told them at a bar.

"You went to a bar? Good god have you lost all your class or are you just a whore." My mother has always seen bars as a place for strippers. I give my mom a smirk.

"No mom I enjoy spending my legs for every guy I see. That's something I learned from you and how to cheat. You should be proud-"

"Brooklyn watch your mouth that's your mother and she would never do that." My father say, I just laugh.

"Well the next time mom say she has to go to Montana maybe you should go with her, it would be nice for you to catch up with your brother since that's what mom does." I get up telling everyone that I am going to the bathroom.

I wasn't in there for long before the door opens and I see my mother walking in, she comes right up to me before I can the think her hand connects to my face. "Do you have any idea what you just did? Your father is now going to start asking more questions because you can't keep your damn mouth shut." She stops for a second when I bring my hand to my face, everything finally coming to reality. "I hope that hurt. You are such a bitch and a spoiled brat, and you wonder why we left when we did." I walked out of the bathroom walking to the table.

Nick sees me and emetily getting up with a worried expression probably because of the red mark on my face. "We need to leave I am done." I turn to my father to see my mother standing there too "I hope you're happy. Now you guys don't have to pretend to be my parents anymore.".

When we got back home Nick got an ice pack out having me lay on the couch before placing it on my face. It hurt at first and I couldn't help the whimper noise that came out, Nick brings his other hand to my face.

"I am sorry I didn't stop this. I should have knew something was going to happen when you mom went to the bathroom too." He place a soft kiss on my head.

I take back what I said about sorry but only for Nick, because when he says it he says it for love.

A/N: sorry for the long wait. I have so much going on but I will make time. Also I will be taking over heathers story The Unexpected Travelers but this story comes first.

x.o.x.o,

meaghan ♥