I stared at him, unable to feel even an ounce of pity. "Bakit mo ba sinasabi sa 'kin 'to? Gusto mo bang maawa ako sa 'yo? Pagkatapos ng lahat, sa tingin mo kaya ko pang makaramdam ng awa?"

Mabilis siyang tumayo. Lumapit siya. Umatras ako.

"Don't get any closer, or I'll scream."

He stopped.

"I didn't want to do that..."

"Yet you did."

"He threatened to kill Cha!"

Agad akong nag-iwas ng tingin. I knew that. I knew it was a possibility... but that didn't lessen the sting of his betrayal. It would never justify what he did.

"I had to do it!" he said, begging to convince me to believe in him. I just stood there, staring at him as he tried his best to convince me... But we both knew it was futile...

We already reached too far...

And I was afraid that after everything, there's just no more going back to how it was before.

"I had to accept your case... I had to do my job... Kitty..." nahihirapan na tawag niya sa akin. "I just did my job. Please don't hate me for doing my job."

Naiinis ako. Naiinis ako sa sarili ko dahil sunud-sunod na naramdaman ko ang pagbagsak ng luha ko. Iñigo... he didn't deserve my tears. He didn't deserve any sympathy from me...

"Didn't you even find it weird when I started my arguments with your baby—"

"Don't speak about my baby!"

Pero hindi siya tumigil. Tumingin siya sa mga mata ko. Lumaban.

"You know me... Kilala mo ako... I always save the best for last... Didn't you think that if... if I really wanted to win the case, I wouldn't save that for last?" he asked, taunting me to look at him. "Kitty... you know once... once in my life... I thought I loved you... Ganoon ba kawalang-kwenta ang tingin mo sa akin? Did you really think I was capable of betraying you?" he asked. "And did you really think that I would purposely question the judge? Hindi ako tanga. But I fucking did that for you! And yet you keep on looking at me like I betrayed you."

"You did. You betrayed me, Iñigo! You sent me here! You sent me here to rot!"

Umiling siya. "You know that only one will win in court! Stop blaming me for doing my job!"

Lumapit ako at tinulak siya. "Stop talking about this being your job when it's really about my life! You fucking asshole! Everyday, I think about just fucking killing myself! Kasi pagod na pagod na ako! Tapos ang kapal ng mukhang mong sabihin sa akin na trabaho lang 'to?!"

Pinabayaan niya ako na itulak siya. Sampalin siya. Hanggang sa mapagod ako...

Pagod na ako...

"I won... Fair and square..."

Umiling ako... "Truth... that's what should win in court, Iñigo... Hindi ka pa rin nagbabago... You're a big disappointment," I said as I walked out, and shut the door behind me.

* * *

"Are you ready?" Jax asked.

I looked at him. His eyes promised me that after this, it would be done... I would hold on to that. Kahit hanggang ngayon lang.

Tumango ako sa kanya. "Yes," I breathed.

"Iñigo... They said he visited you?"

Agad akong nag-iwas ng tingin. I didn't want to talk about him. I didn't even want to think about him. Alam ko... Alam ko na mahirap ang pinagdadaanan niya. Pareho kami. Pareho kaming nawalan ng anak... but would that be ever enough to justify every bad thing that we did? Sapat na ba 'yun?