15. Wish She Would Keep Me As Her Driver I'd At Least Make Some Money

Start from the beginning

The more he walked, the familiar he became with the trees on the either sides, the bushes that paved the way.

Could he... Could he call it his home too?

Soon, he was near the gates and he could also see Gemma standing against the small gate. It stood ajar, and it looked like she might be arguing with the watchman who held it open.

He ran towards them, and smirked when he came to a halt.

"Finally! Zayn is here! Ask him, why don't you?" Gemma was pressing, looking agitated as ever. A scowl embellished her face and her arms were crossed. "I study here."

Zayn processed the situation quite fast. The furious watchman and a glance at even more furious Gemma gave him a vague idea.

He mirrored Gemma, turning to the watchman with curiosity.

"What is the matter, sir?" He asked solemnly.

The watchman—his face visibly brightening when Zayn referred to him as 'sir'— swelled his chest.

"Why, the girl says she studies here. Ask her where is her ID?" He growled at Gemma, like a cat growling at it's prey. He cordoned her furthermore from entering.

"Where is your ID, girl?" Zayn imitated the man. "See, looks exactly like this one here." He brandished his Identity Card, that hung down his neck. "Your distorted photograph stands out even when it's in the right corner and the info—"

"I know what it looks like, Zayn!" She stamped her foot on the gravel. "I have one! I just forgot to get it. Now will you please tell him?"

He clicked his tongue. "You're no sport when someone else irritates you. Very irritating herself, this girl." said Zayn, looking directly at the man.

His squared shoulders relaxed as he laughed.

"Yes, she is in my class. I stand witness." Zayn drawled monotonously.

"Alright, if you say so." He scoffed, letting her in.

Gemma shot a look at Zayn, narrowing her eyes at him. He uncrossed his arms as well, raising one eyebrow at her.

She shook her head, so her red hair fell on her face again. Her cheeks were flushed, but it could be the cold.

She wasn't wearing a scarf, or even a beanie to protect herself from the wind. She was wearing sweatpants, and above that a maroon hoodie that had pikachu patched on it.

"What? Its not like I always forget things. Its just that I was in a hurry to come here." Gemma covered. Maybe the flushed cheeks weren't just the cold. "And it's not like Stuart doesn't know me. I don't know why he always does this."

Zayn sneered, seeing Gemma a little defeated. "His name is Stuart?"

"No." Gemma started to pace forward. "But he looks like the mouse in the Stuart Little movie."

Zayn giggled, looking over his shoulder. "Jeez, you're right. He does!" exclaimed Zayn, turning to her again.

No one really knew where they were going.

"I thought you'd come with Every."

Gemma glanced at him, averting her eyes before he could see. "I didn't—I didn't want her to know I was coming."