Chapter 3

Matt was right.

Being inside isn't save I thought as a group of men in weird looking masks started tying my legs together before tying my hands together.

I felt very vulnerable as I didn't have any weapons apart from three green squares which wouldn't be doing anything useful for me tonight.

Someone obviously left it there as a joke.

"Why us?" I asked the nearest person to me who was a very tall man in a red mask.

His mask didn't look as scary as the others despite his height.

"Why not?"

"Have we done anything to you?"

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"Why us then?"

"Why not?" I rolled my eyes before hearing the sounds of struggles. Dad was tied up as well as and two men dragged him before dropping him in front next to me.

"Dad?" I asked as a tear slid down my face. I wouldn't have cried but seeing the fear on my dad's face made me realise that we might not survive this event.

Dad attempted to move closer to me which was harder for him as he had his hands tied behind his back and his legs were tied and ankles cuffed together.

"Right! Let's begin the fun," one man said as he leaned close to me before touching my cheek.

"Don't touch her!" My dad roared earning a punch in the cheek from one of the men making me scream in horror.

"Please don't do anything to him!"
The man who punched my dad turned to face me before speaking in a gentle tone.

"Tell your daddy to behave. I want to hear you say it."

"Behave," I whispered without looking at him and dad kept his head down.

"Now let's play the game!" Another man said making me feel sick.

"The rules are simple. We set the time for five minutes and you both have to untie yourself and leave this house. If you get out your safe if not then you are ours."

I started to cry knowing that anything can happen. The man in the red mask looked down at me.

"I have no idea why you are upset. Its guaranteed that you are leaving. The old man I am not so sure about.

One of the men who was standing at the back pulled out a timer. This made me sit up immediately. I pulled dad up knowing that he was still in pain from the punch.

"You are getting out of here!" I whispered as I moved closer to him.

"Ah ah ahh that's cheating! Move back to your spot!"

I moved back sadly.

The man with timer rested his hand on the start button.

Then he pressed it.

"Untie!"

I immediately untied the ropes from my hands which took quite some time because the knots were hard but soon it was off. The ones around my ankle slipped of quickly and I rushed to dad.

I looked at the time to see we had three minutes left I managed to get the ropes of him but then remembered he. His ankles were cuffed.

There was no way he can run. I looked up at the masked men to see them standing in a line holding guns, knifes and our swords. I looked to see a shorter man standing at the end of the line. He kept throwing something up in air before catching it. It was the green squares.

Why is he playing with them?

Are they somehow useful?

Dad started shaking making me hit reality. "Skylar you need to leave they have the key and there is no way you can get me out on time."

"You heard the old man. Just go to-"

"No!" I shouted as more tears rolled down my face. I looked at the timer to see I had fifty seconds left.

"You have to Skylar and now!" Dad shouted as he looked me in the eye. "I love you sweetheart."

"I love you more dad." I said before giving him a kiss on the cheek and standing up.

"I hate you!" I shouted as I looked at the mask men. They didn't say anything so I ran up the stairs and opened the basement door. I ran to the front door and pulled the sofa away from the door only to see that the front door was locked.

I rushed to the living room to find a spare key but it wasn't there.

I heard footsteps coming from the basement so I made my way to the bedroom before trying to push my window up.

It has to open.

It has to or I am dead.

The footsteps were making its way up the stairs so I got down onto the ground and rolled myself under the my bed. My door slowly opened indicating that one of the intruders were inside with me.

I held my breath and lay absolutely still as I tried not be noticed. The person walked around the bed making me feel very cold.

I couldnt help but notice that the person wasnt wearing trainers and that they were wearing black neat men shoes.

The person isn't a teenager and if they are maybe they are wealthy.

I don't know.

I heard the footsteps leave the room quickly so I waited for a while before  I let out a sign of relieve and rolled out of my hiding spot.

I pushed my widow up with all my might and suddenly it lifted up making me feel safe. I had a small balcony which wasnt far from the ground so if I climbed onto it I would be able to jump down from it and run.

But where do I go?

One leg was out and the other was inside. I didn't notice that the man who was in my room had entered again and was standing behind me quietly.

Then it happened so fast.

I turned around and saw him. A man in a bloody pig mask. He was wearing wearing a navy suit with a red tie holding one of the missing swords.

I screamed and pushed myself out of the window.

I fell onto the balcony but it gave way causing me to crash onto the ground.

I lay on my back feeling dead.

My eyes rested on the figure still at my window.

Despite him wearing a mask I could tell the person was smiling.

"Hope you enjoyed the fall!" He shouted in a very deep voice then he disappeared.