18- As Time Goes On

Chapter 18

"It's been a week. This is the closest thing to torture." Sierra explained to her mom over the phone.

"Do you want me to send your father over to kick the shit out of him?" Wow, that sounds familiar.

"I sent Norm to do that and he said that Ramin had just locked himself in his room." Sierra sighed.

"Darling, why don't you just confront him?" Her mom suggested.

She confessed her biggest fear, as of now. "I'm afraid he'll scream at me again." She almost mumbled, feeling a tear slide down her cheek.

"From what you've told me, I don't think he would do that. But, if you don't want to loose him, you have to take a chance. If he yells at you, yell back-"

"Mom, you teach kids not to do that and you're telling me to do it?" Sierra said sarcastically.

"You know what I mean." They both laughed, and Sierra was thankful for that.

"I don't know what to do, Kober." Ramin huffed, putting his head in his hands.

"Just apologize like I've told you to do a billion times." He sighed.

"It's not that easy. Shes pissed at me. She told me she hates me. It's not that easy to just walk up to her and apologize." Ramin felt himself getting mad. "God, I swear. If I ever see Tam again, I'm gonna kill him!"

***

"Summer, two weeks. It's been two damn weeks and he hasn't said a word to me. He hates me. I know it!" Sierra cried, laying her head in her sisters lap. "The kids seem almost fine, like they don't notice that we aren't talking, but I'm slowly dying inside without him." Summer turned on her phone, putting it next to Sierras head. "I love him, Summer, I really do. But he hates me! He hates me because Tam kissed me and I told him I hate him!"

She pulled her head up to face her. "Sierra, I'm sure he doesn't hate you. I'm sure he loves you even more then he did when he first met you."

"No he doesn't, Summer. He hates me!" Sierra shouted, sobbing now.

"Sierra, stop blaming this on yourself. It's not your fault that Tam did this to you and him. He keeps trying to tear your relationship apart and those other times, it didn't work because you loved each other so much. So if it didn't work then, it shouldn't work now."

This didn't seem to help Sierra because she was still sobbing. Summer just cradles her and helps her to not have an asthma attack. "I love him. I love him so much."

Sierra couldn't help but relate her current situation to On My Own. "

"On my own

Pretending he's beside me

All alone

I walk with him till morning

Without him

I feel his arms around me

And when I lose my way I close my eyes

And he has found me

In the rain the pavement shines like silver

All the lights are misty in the river

In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight

And all I see is him and me forever and forever

And I know it's only in my mind

That I'm talking to myself and not to him