"Nah. You're strong, she would have found you eventually. Besides, you don't want to be like me." I said.

She tarted to type something, but I put my hand on her scroll and pushed it down slightly.

"Just relax and look at the clouds." I said.

She put her scroll away slowly and lied down next to me, her body going the opposite way mine was. She pointed up at one in the shape of a turtle and I said what I thought it looked like. Then I pointed out a neat looking one and said what I thought it looked like to a Neo who silently laughed, doing the motion and action, but without the sound. We continued this back and forth, the hours seemingly flying by. This became a pastime for us. On the slower days, when there was nothing that we had to do, we looked at the clouds and just "talked". Eventually, we just sort of slipped into a relationship. Hand holding went from a nervous gesture to something we just sort of did.

We eventually got that first kiss in there on a rainy day when we couldn't hang out comfortably on the roof. My plan had been to instigate it, going and getting her Jen and Berry's to cheer her up, get one in while she took the ice cream. Though, I felt myself hesitating out of my lacking nerve, then she went in for it and I simultaneously felt like more and less of a man. Either way, that was one of the best days of my life.

So yeah, thing we're looking up. That was, until we were put on separate schedules. See, Cinder had this grand master plan to take down Beacon, and part of that involved a little old fashioned infiltration. So, Cinder had decided that the best squad for the job would be her, Emerald, Mercury, and Neo. Apparently my semblance was too destructive, so I was assigned to be the body guard/top henchmen of Torchwick. The first part wasn't much of a hinderence, but with Roman working me round the clock and the school schedule, I found few chances to actually see my boo. In my spare time, while Neo was in classes, I decided I'd do something so cheesy it might be romantic and cool.

See, I found this guy named Maxie Greyscale. He owned the Greyscale store of custom jewelry, which I noticed while doing a dust job with Torchwick near the place. The next day, I went in and initiated plan "Make Up For Lost Time With A Cool Gift." It was a very simple and straight forward plan.

I walked in the door to a bell ring and a store full of nice necklaces and watches and whatnot made of fine gold, silver, bronze and many other materials. But no people.

"Hello? Anybody here?" I asked, going to the counter and ringing the bell.

A balding old guy in a fading green shirt, khakis, and a red apron ran through the door, quickly taking off a ramen chef hat and hiding it behind his back.

"Sorry about that, now then, what can I do ya for son?" He asked, rubbing his hands together.

"Yes actually, I was looking to place an order for a locket."

"Which one?" He asked.

"I was actually hoping to place an order, I haven't exactly been looking around pops."

"Well I can assure you, this is the finest selection in the city. Just take a look around, find one that looks pretty, and tell me what you'd like. We can discuss price when you find what you're looking for." He said, continuing the hand rubbing.

I'd never thought that's these places worked, I though he was supposed to show me the collection and let me pick one out that he'd shown me, but hey, beats not getting anything at all. I looked in the glass at the register and found a nice, simple silver heart-shaped locket, the kind you can open to see a picture or whatever else people put in those.