Hidden Messages

Cami's POV
A month. It's been a whole month since KJ and I last talked and he 'let go' or whatever. The interview came out a month ago. The one that basically ruined everything.

I couldn't bare to tell anyone, especially KJ, the kinds of messages I've been getting. Being called a liar, a cheat, the worst person ever. Sadly enough, they're right.

I've been dating Charles for a bit over a month now and things are great. Well at least that's what I want him to think. Just smile Cami. Just smile. They won't ask questions if you just smile.

There's another flash of a camera and I smile. Netflix was hosting a dinner and the cast of Riverdale were invited, we were currently on the red carpet, which I assume eventually takes us into the venue.

Everyone seems to be pulled off for different interviews and it's crowded and busy as usual. I fiddle nervously with my ring as I am pulled over to a camera, in which there are several people standing behind, one being the interviewer, a blonde girl who looks around my age, very bubbly by the looks of of it. Suddenly I feel a tall figure stand beside me, probably placed there. I assume it's Charles as our characters have some stuff going on between them.

I look up to find that it isn't my boyfriend, but instead, it's KJ. Of course it is. A small part of me is happy to see him. A part of me has missed him desperately.

"KJ! Hi!" I don't even bother filtering my thoughts. Charles isn't around, he wouldn't mind. KJ, however, only replies with a small weak smile. Before I can question anything, the interviewer distracts us.
"And everyone I am joined by my two fav celebs from Riverdale, Camila Mendes and Kj Apa! You both look incredible tonight"

That's scripted I know it, because at least 20 other interviewers have said the exact same thing to me. But I smile and say
"Thank you so much"

And so we hop right into it I assume. I beg that we're talking about that characters.
"So let's talk about your characters, Archie and Veronica"

Thank god.

"Fans all over the world have been very stressed about the duo, seeing as they currently aren't much of a duo with Veronica dating Reggie now. Heaps of Varchie fans think that there's still hope, what do you think?"

"I recon there's still some hope" KJ answers first "Though Veronica did cheat on Archie I think that he definitely still loves her, I really don't think anyone can change that. And you never know, maybe Veronica still loves him. I can't really say much about Veronica but I know that Archie is willing to look past what has happened"

"Really?!" I look up at him as though he's talking about us, he shoots me a questioning look. "Uh I mean, yeah I think that there may be some hope for Veronica and Archie to get back together. I think they'll always come back to each other...I mean they've been through so much, it'd be a shame for that to all go to waste." I correct myself quickly. Benefits of being an actress, I can fake things well.

"Now, not too long ago there was a commotion about your relationship, how have you dealt with those rumours? Are you two on good terms?"

Oh god why on earth did she ask that. It's like she's trying to cause drama.

"Well, there haven't really been many rumours about me but for Cami, they're all wrong. I was mad I guess and had an outburst, but she never did anything wrong. We were both busy and young and it just wasn't a good time to be in a committed relationship"

Things seem to fade away as he continues on. He's lying...why is he lying? Is it to just get everyone on social media to shut up? Is he trying to protect me. I look up at him as he continues talking. I could just keep my mouth shut, just nod and smile, but I find myself doing the opposite...