Chapter 15: I'll Obey

Start from the beginning

He was anticipating Jeremy's retaliation. He knew that Jeremy would do anything to save me and Michael.

This was about more than just ruining Jeremy's life, it was about taking it from him entirely, and making him regret his existence.

Michael was in a different position than me. He didn't have a corrector. What happened to him was purely the SQUIP's influence, but after so many hours it wore off. So, Oliver had to keep reinitializing Michael. Putting him back in his proper order.

Oliver took good care of me, at least that's how it felt. Everything felt like a constant dream, in my hypnotic state of obedience to him. His will pulsating through every fiber of my being.

When he said that correctors were more potent than a synced SQUIP, he wasn't kidding.

I stood next to Oliver, leaning into his strong chest. I caressed his body, letting his body heat keep me warm.

Michael had been chained up. Oliver could never be too sure when his influence would wear off and he'd have to use his powers of persuasion on him again.

But the harder that Michael fought it, the quicker it wore off.

The longest it had lasted was about 14 hours. Now it was only lasting 5 hours. Oliver was not happy about it. He would inject a corrector into Michael, making him as compliant as me, but known were in the current vicinity.

Michael panted heavily, as sweat dripped from the side of his face. Fighting through, to get back... was one of the hardest things he has ever had to do. It was painful and exhausting. 

The circuit veins, retreated from his skin as well as the blue glaze over his eyes. 

Oliver was not in the room when Michael called my name.

"Y/N. Y/N!" I made no acknowledgement of him. "Y/N please just... Just..." He sighed. "Look I don't know if you're still in there or not, I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm not going to give up on you. Neither will Jeremy."

I turned my head to Michael at the mention of Jeremy's name.

"Jeremy's not coming." I said coldly.

"Yes he is, Y/N. Of course he is. He loves you. Now, listen, I don't know how far gone you are, or how much the SQUIP has corrupted and manipulated you but you need to break through. I know that whatever he's done to you is extremely powerful, but you can't give up. I love you. Jeremy loves you. You're my best friend and I don't want to lose you." His eyes started to water up.

My face was still and emotionless the whole time. 

I did not care what Michael had to say. He was just another obstacle. 

Oliver came back into the room. "Feeling confident in yourself, are we?" He mocked.

Michael turned his head away. He didn't want to go back there. He was tired of having to consistently and constantly be fighting. It was wearing him down. Verging on two days without sleep. 

"Oh... Are you tired, Michael? Do you wanna rest?" Oliver said. "You're the one that's making this so hard on yourself. It could be so easy for you if you just stopped fighting. You're just draining yourself, wasting energy that you don't have." 

"Michael-" I said, catching his full attention. "Just stop. Let it happen. It feels soooooo good." 

Michael couldn't stand hearing and seeing me talk like that. 

"Listen up, you tic-tac!" Michael coughed before continuing on. "I don't care what she says because that's not Y/N and I don't care what you do to me. If I have to keep fighting you like this until the day I die, so be it. It's better than being a brainwashed slave to you!" He spat.