"Oh right, you're his slave for the day." He said amused, earning himself an eye roll.

"I'm not a slave. I just owe him for something, and this is his idea of paying him back."

"Sure." Jeno patted her head, and the girl glared at him menacingly.

"Be glad guys, her first rule is that she can't hit any of us unless I tell her to."

"So rude." Haeun emphasized with a fake cry.

"We've been his friends for years, so yeah, we know." Renjun grimaced, earning a glare from Jisung. The latter then turned towards the girl.

"Hit him."

"But- "

"Mr- "

"Okay, okay!" she exclaimed, and hurriedly walked over to Renjun. "Sorry."

She then proceeded to punch him in the arm, and Renjun instantly cried out. "The fuck? Why are you so strong?!"

The entire group laughed, followed by the ringing of the school bell.

The classroom was bustling with life as usual, and Haeun was deeply engaged in a conversation with Chenle in the seat next to hers. However, it was interrupted by the teacher's booming voice as she entered the classroom.

"Quiet everyone!" Ms Hwang exclaimed and the class hushed. Haeun turned to her left to find Lisa signing something with her hand. However, she couldn't make out a single word from the random hand-waving and letter signing, but she retorted with a smile regardless.

"We have a new student. Please welcome him warmly." Ms Hwang announced whilst Haeun was still not paying attention.

"Hello, my name is Choi Jongho." A voice too familiar to her said.

Haeun paused. Her head slowly turned in horror, becoming paler and paler as she did so. As her eyes found their way to the front of the classroom, they crossed with the eyes of someone she'd hoped to never see again.

A trainwreck of thoughts appeared in her head, making her unable to see, hear, or feel anything other than him. She hadn't noticed the way her hands began shaking like dead leaves on a cold winter night.

"I hope we can be friends and get along well." Jongho smiled, his eyes remaining on Haeun's.

"Okay, go ahead and take that empty seat, would you?" Ms Hwang instructed him, and Jongho went to occupy his seat on the other side of the classroom. However, Haeun's eyes remained on the board where he previously stood, wide like a deer in headlights. Her heart was beating furiously out of her chest, and she couldn't seem to stop dissociating.

"Hey. Hey, Haeun." The sound of a whisper broke through her barrier, and Haeun turned her head to find Lisa looking at her concerned. "You alright? I know he's like hot, but not enough to make you go that shocked, no?"

"It's nothing, I just got dizzy for a minute." Haeun muttered in response. Although hesitant, Lisa simply nodded, and turned back towards the front to listen to Ms Hwang's teaching.

Haeun, accompanied by Jisung and all his friends, were on their way to the lunchroom. However, as they trotted down the populated hallway, she suddenly heard her name being called out. She turned stiffly to find him standing there with a small smile.