Chapter 16 - We are 'dating'

His cavaliarism almost made my heart drop. He was emitting such princely aura that I can't help but stay rooted at the same spot.

"Aren't you taking this beautiful hand of mine?"

I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on top of his.

Hmm...it seems to fit perfectly. Are all male hands this comfortable?

He pulled me in to where he was and just like that, we were now in the outrageous limousine that his family owns.

I had no intention on starting any conversational topics with Mr. Knight since I felt that my brain couldn't keep up with the events today.

The car screeched to a stop, and a blinding light pierced through my peripheral vision. I instictly hovered my right hand to cover a bit of the light that was hurting me.

"Sir, I'm sorry for the sudden intrusion, but seems like the news that you were bringing in someone spread like wildfire." One of the guards informed after he blocked one of the reporters.

Mr. Knight slid his hands on his hair, "What troublesome" he murmured before lifting his right leg to get out of the car.

I was blindly sitting, waiting for his permission to get out too. I was not sure if I should reveal myself now or wait for him to get me out here so we could be pretend to be lovers?

I looked up at him and just when I was about to say something, he outright cut me off.

"Sssh... everyone's watching"

I digested what he just said immediately and secretively gazed at the people watching.

I nodded. This was now the glorious time I show Mr. Knight just how grateful he should be to have an amazing assistant.

In 3,2,1...

Before I leaned in to whisper in his ears, I made sure that my voice was perfectly raspy, soft, and sexy, "I am ready"

Mr. Knight, are you?

I saw his adam's apple moved, and I knew the result was just a so-so. I'd hope that he might fall weakly to his knees, blush all the way to his neck, or there'd be frantic movements in his eyes.

I sighed, knowing that the enemy was stronger. It was hard to defeat such.

I pat him on his back, giving him a nudge. Crowds were forming around us like thunder storm. I knew Mr. Knight doesn't like too much attention.

He regained his consciousness and gave me a complicated look, to which I responded with a dumb face.

"Let's go, darling"

Ha, you've underestimated me.

°°°°°•°•°•°•

"Is that his girlfriend?"

"Are they in a relationship?"

"The woman looks so bland"

"What did Mr. Knight do to ever get such a woman like that?"

My head was hurting from all the useless chatters. Could I go home now?

Kidding!

I still had to put a performance. He was paying me hourly rate after all.

"Are you alright?" His voice brought me back from my reverie.

I smiled at him, "Ofcourse, darling! Thanks for your lovely concern" I sweetly, responded. "Now, shall we do the next step?"

He raised an eyebrow while he laced his hands around my waist, "We shall"

Such cavaliary.

We went up to a group of classy-looking gentlemen. They all seem familiar. I assume I had already catered them before as Mr. Knight's assistant.

"She seems familiar, Alex" The gentleman with the the brown hair whispered.

I smiled, waiting for Mr. Knight to introduce me. Proper etiquette, ladies.

"My girlfriend" Mr. Knight, without a hint of expression, said, ignoring the brown-haired guy's question.

I chuckled. "Hello. It's such a pleasure to meet my honeybunch's friends"

They all laughed, "You've got one good girlfriend there. She has humor"

"Ofcourse" He said, while cupping my shoulders with his hands. He kissed me on the forehead before saying that we had to go.

"You put on a pretty good show. Very good. I'm impressed"

"If I am paid hourly then I should do a good job, am I not?"

His expression had a slight change but then smiled brightly, "Yes"

It was as if I had imagined it. Maybe I had?

"After I show you to my parents, your job is now done and I can escort you home."

"Ah?" I looked up at him, "Ah yes...thanks"

What was I expecting?

I said my greetings to his parents. I already met his young mother, whilst his dad was a first. It is hard to take a glimpse of the president of the AK Corporation, let alone meet him. 

Mr. Knight then escorted me home after. "Thank you for the ride. I'll meet you tomorrow?"

I recognized my mistake when I saw that he had a face like frozen meat. 

"I meant tomorrow for work..." A bit ashamed that I had him misunderstood.

"Ah yes. See you Ms. Evans"

I turned to my door then hurriedly jumped to the window to see if he was still there.

He still was.

For a good 5 minutes, he stood there in deep thought.

~~

Recalling this night's event, call me arrogant, but I had a feeling that his dad approves of me being Mr. Knight's girlfriend.

My feet went a bit wobbly as the thought that me and Mr. Knight could probably be together.

Wouldn't it be nice?

A/N

So late with the uploads! 

Thank you so much for your patience. :) Love you guys!