Chapter 8 - Don't Judge

"Are we behind schedule?" He asked as he fixed his clothes and retouched his hair.

I looked at my watch. "No, not yet" I said. And as a final touch up, he smothered a little gel on his hair. Then, he opened the door to the president's office.

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

"How was the meeting, Mr. Knight?" I asked, walking as fast as I could with my black pumps as to catch up with him.

"The deal was set, it was splendid." He said, loosing the tightness of his tie. He looked at me, "I sure to remember not to leave the assignment to you of waking me up" He chuckled.

Horridness filled me. "I'm sorry. Never will I do that again."

~

Mr. Knight's phone began ringing. He took his phone from his right side pocket and answered it.

As he was answering his phone, his face turned from nonchalant to aggravating, "Calm down and talk slowly" He gently instructed.

His girlfriend, maybe?

He run a hand through his hair, making his fixed-geld hair turn to a disheveled, unruly hair. "Ok, will be there in a sec." He paused. "What? You're on the main lobby?"

He ended the call and walked down faster as he was before, his business polo-shirt being rumpled by the air on the process.

~

I caught up when we reached the main lobby. A tall blonde woman was standing, waving to Mr. Knight to come to where she was. If memory serves right, she was the one who Alex had a date with on Staten Island Mall.

I followed him as he went to the woman.

She jumped and hugged him, "Thank goodness you're here. I don't know what I'll do without you" she cried.

Mr. Knight hugged her back and consoled her. "Don't worry, we'll do something about it" He patted her back. "Dad will never leave you. He's head over heels for you."

She's his dad's girlfriend?

She cried more. "Then why is it not working? You already booked the date on Staten for us. I wore the sexiest dress. I, I-I did everything!"

She paused, catching some air. "I was even excited when you told me he's going to come. If he knew how excited I was to the point of giggling like a maniac." she blinked, tears started to stream down again. "IF HE KNEW!"

Wait...so they met because Alex wants to arrange the mess between his father and her?

Then why did he told me that he's trying to woo her that time? Was that a joke to tease me? Alex!

The woman noticed me standing there blankly. She stopped hugging Mr. Knight, and wiped her tears. "Care to introduce me to your friend, honey?" She said, suddenly brimming with happiness.

Mr. Knight focused his attention to me. He gestured his hands as to introduce me, "Samantha Evans" he paused. "she's my assistant"

The tall woman suddenly became upset. "What? not a girlfriend?"

He cleared his throat. "As I was saying..." Mr. Knight continued, pointing his hands to her. "Ava—my stepmother"

Shock and confusion struck me, I have never expected she would be his step-mother. I can believe if she was his dad's girlfriend, but a step-mother? I surveyed Ava without making her notice. She looks young—probably around her late 30's. She has those abstract eyes where all 3 colours are present. She's beautiful--too beautiful that she can be mistaken as Alex'a girlfriend.

I learned not to jump on conclusions anymore.

~~

She extended her hands, "Nice to meet you, Sam"

I shook her hands. "You too, Mrs. Ava" I smiled.

"You can take the day off, Miss Evans, if you don't have any tasks to do." He said.

I nod. "Thank you, Mr. Knight."

~

"Let's go, dear." His stepmom said, pulling him away to the parking area.

I waved them goodbye.

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

I returned to the office and fell to my sit. I feel drained from anything that has anything to do with my life.

I eventually logged in my Facebook account to dispel my stress.

Unconsciously, I began checking Kevin's Facebook page, and arrived at his photos.

I scrolled down, memories of us--sad and happy ones, started filling my brain. I miss him too much.

But then, I arrived at something unusual.

A picture.

It was of him in front of his car. He was also covering his face.

He must had been with a friend when this picture was taken. 

Nothing unusual right?

Guess what, he has the same clothes as the one I bumped into when I was in Staten.

Was it by faith we met in Staten? Or was it on purpose?

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Vote and comment!

Vote - if you like this

Comment - if you have something to say

Follow me - if you want the updates! hoho

Do nothing - if you're neutral lol!

Chapter 9 will be posted next week, I guess.