Chapter 7: The Angel

Dear whatever this is,

   She's pure.

My little Peanut was definitely hiding something, and she is not good at keeping it hidden. "Peanuuut," I sing.

She sniffles. "...what..."

"Who are you going with?"

Penny pouts. "...Haley..."

Jackpot. "Hey, sis, you could wait for me, right? Imma just take a quick shower," I wink.

She rolls her eyes. "Whatever, I'm going ahead. You go to the mall by yourself!"

And like that, she was out of sight.

I went to take a shower, rode a taxi going to the mall, and there I saw her. The girl who has been doing crazy things to my heart, and I have no explanation for it.

But I liked it.

Her usual low, pigtails sat on her white blouse. She wore a black skirt with brown boots and a hand bag. She was cute. But then she suddenly looked depressed. Her lips turned to a frown, and suddenly, my blood boiled.

And so I ran.

Once I was close enough, I prepared my widest smile for Haley. Then I look at Penny. "Hey, Peanut."

She rolls her eyes...again. "You really came?"

"What? You look like you don't want to see me."

"Wow, is it that obvious," she deadpans.

"Ouch," I wrinkle my nose. But I recovered my 'hurt' by laughing. "Well, anyways, you guys are gonna shop here, huh?" I look up at the store's name. Not really familiar. And that's coming from a guy who went to more stores than her sister and mom combined. Seriously.

"Yeah...it is...." Penny lazily responds.

I ruffle her hair. "Stop being in denial, sis. You love me."

"Do you hear that, Ri? It sounds like garbage," she looks at Haley.

I start to clench my fist. Penny and I never get along. "Now, now. Let's get on with shopping, shall we?" I smile hard, but honestly, I'm just clenching my teeth.

...

"This'll look good on you, Hal," I hold out a red and yellow blouse. It had a little ribbon on the front. It was cute. And Haley was cute. So I thought it'd match.

"You're making her look like McDonald," Penny narrows her eyes at me.

Great, she's picking a fight.

I was about to say something, when I hear Haley giggle.

Holy angel, she's killing me, I think as I smile.

Penny scrunches her nose. "Han, stop staring at my baby. Are you pedophile or something?"

Seriously? 

I roll my eyes. "She's your age. She ain't a baby."

"Still doesn't make you look less creepy," she crosses her arms. Attention, folks, this is her ready-to-fight stance.

"You're just jealous, Peanut," I do the same, as if saying 'bring it on.'

Penny gasps. "Huh! As if. You're the one who's jealous."

"Excuse me? Would you please start saying facts?" I tried to hold my anger.

"Who's the one that came with me because Haley was here?"