Ch.27

Katie's POV

"I still don't understand,"I thought to myself as I sat in my corner of the dark room that I was sure was a basement,"Blake knows I'm pregnant and that its by Jordan.That made him eliminate Jordan.Does that means he's going after my baby next? No! I won't let that happen.Blake won't lay a hand on my last part of Jordan.I'm going to see to that."I was so caught up in my daydream that I didn't hear the heavy door open and close or Blake's footsteps as he approached me."I have some things to discuss with you."He said, stopping in front of me."We haven't got anything to talk about."I replied.A slow ghostly smile spread across his face."That's too bad,"He said n a venomous voice,"because I figure that you want to know how your future is about to play out."I raised an eyebrow."What d-do you m-mean?"I asked.Blake laughed."You're so stupid,"He said, grabbing me around my throat,"No.I'm the stupid one for giving you enough freedom to go to that party.I should have know you'd be whoring around! That isn't gonna happen again.In three days you and I are going into Tennessee and getting married.We're going to raise the baby with the understanding that I'm its father.Is that understood?"Without waiting for my answer, he let go of me and stalked back the door.

Jordan's POV

"I guess I need to start from the beginning."The gruff voiced man said."That'd be nice."I commented under my breath."I heard that,"Gruffy replied,"Let me start with my name and then how we come to be on the phone now.My name is Jakob Harris and I work for a special division of the FBI that's based out if Alabama.I first came to learn of your girlfriend from my fiancee Alex whom you know as Katie's older brother.He paused for a moment."Alex talked about Katie all the time and how much he missed her,"Jakob continued,"I hated seeing him upset, so I began to investigate Katie and the person who could have hurt her.That led me to Blake.I knew they had been together and that he had been abusive, so I went undercover to find out more.I got close enough to be included in plans that he had, including the kidnapping of Katie so Blake can marry her in three days."I felt my knees grow weak.Marry her?"What about my son or daughter?"I questioned him."He plans on the baby being raised as his,"Jakob replied,"Unless. . ."I was quiet for a minute."Unless what?"I finally asked."Dear Lord,"Jakob replied, laughing,"Katie certainly didn't pick you for brains.Kid, how good are you at playing the hero?"