Part 11 - Tik Tok Fun

Start from the beginning

"Have I ever told you that you're perfect in my eyes?"

"No."

"Well, you are." I trailed kisses from the corner of his lips to where his shirt prevented me on his shoulders.

"Ashlyn, we need to talk." The dreaded words froze my body. I leaned back against the wall. "It's not bad. I promise. It's just... since your birthday, I don't feel like I've been myself..." My eyebrows furrowed. I stood up straighter. "Almost like when you connected our bodies. Only, I didn't feel as if I'd die with you." I bit my lip as I thought of the possibilities. "Like right now. I can feel you thinking and it's hurting my brain. Only time it really goes away is when I'm with you." Realization covered me, the lessons my mom used to tell me running through my brain.

"It's the bond..." I whispered.

"What?"

"I've always been able to sort of feel your emotions and learned to push them away. My becoming a full vampire must've awakened the ability in you as well. The only time I struggled to push your emotions away was when they were strong and vivid."

"Well, and you're kind of a master of pushing things away." Cash joked. I playfully rolled my eyes. "How do I push your feelings away? I can barely handle my own sometimes."

"The ability to handle your own emotions comes with strength, Cash. For the longest time, I was sensitive with my emotions. Until I learned what it was like to not feel."

"When was that?"

"When I was fourteen. I was raped at fourteen and I can still remember the fear I felt then. It was intense and I remember never wanting to feel that or the pain again."

"My girlfriend was raped?" Cash spluttered, the shock on my face.

"That's nothing compared to what my father did, Cash. That was torture."

"What's the difference?"

"Being raped was against me. What my father did involved my family and you. It was more torture to think about what he'd do to someone else than me. After I was released from my rapist, Damien decided I should learn to defend myself. Jason joined then we joined underground fight clubs and became reigning champions. That taught me not to feel physical pain. Getting rid of my emotional pain was another story."

"So that's how you can stand up straight after being beaten down so much." Cash muttered to himself.

"My past is simply that. The past. I also turned into somewhat of a slut after I'd been raped, but that's different now."

"Because of me, right?" Cash asked cockily. I nodded my head, smiling. "Want to come over? Mychael wants to do one of the Mr. Steal Your Girl Tik Toks and we kind of need a girl. Then we can annouce us on both our accounts."

"First. You have to shoot a vlog with me."

"Vlog?"

"Did you forget that I YouTube?" Cash shyly nodded. I giggled and kissed his cheek. I went to my computer set up and took a seat. Cash took a seat out of sight beside my desk. I started up the camera.

"This is going to be fun." Cash whispered. I stuck my tongue out at him. I hit record.

"Hey, guys, it's BurntAshes here and it's been awhile. I've been busy and I'll show you why in a minute. Ow!" Cash had pinched my leg. I kicked him. "Guess I'm showing you now." Cash got up and came behind me, wrapping his arms around me from behind my chair. He's smiling down at me then in the camera. "This, ladies and gentlemen, is my boyfriend, Cash Baker the Tik Tok star."