Part 5 - Punch Me

When I regained consciousness, I was in Jason's room. I groaned, moving my head to the side. "What the fuck were you thinking?" Jason growled. "You just let yourself take a beating?"

"I deserved it." I hissed. I quickly sat up. My wounds are healed and the only thing that hurts is my heart. "I made him cry. I made Cash cry." I whimpered. The tears quickly returned to me. I ran my hands through my hair, pulling slightly. "Why'd you heal me? I deserved every bit of my pain."

"No, you didn't. You deserve to be happy and you're the only one depriving yourself of that. Cash deserves happiness too."

"That's not with me, Jase. I'm a broken girl who doesn't have a mom and was hunted down by her father's mafia. I'm not human either. My eyes turn the same color as the substance I drink and I have fangs which can be used for murder. Cash doesn't need me in his life."

"Yes, he does, Ashlyn!" Jason yelled. "You are the reason his heart is beating just like he's the reason you're here right now. We don't get to choose our loved ones, but we only get one. Don't send yourself to a life of misery." Damien lost his mate in that crash the same as our father. Jason's girlfriend wasn't really his. Just another fling of his. But we all seen the toll it took on Damien and our father. "I want you to go to your room, climb out the window, and climb into his. Now. Or else I'm not allowing you to fight for the rest of your immortal life." I sighed heavily. He's right. I shouldn't just let Cash go. I vanished from his room and was outside next to Cash's pile of rocks. I picked one up and chucked it. It bounced off his window. He's lucky I don't get cold in the chilly January air. I tried again. It wasn't until I was nearly out of rocks that he opened his window. A rock hit him square in the forehead.

"Holy shit!" I hissed. "Are you okay?"

"No! I'm bleeding." Cash said. Though there was a smile on his pretty face. I smelt the blood and tensed. Not enough for him to notice, but enough for me to want it.

"Can I come up? I'll help you patch it up." I stated with my breath held. I've done this a million times before and I can do it now.

"Sure. If you promise not to slam a window shut on me again." I climbed up the wall with ease and crawled into his room. It's not large, but it's bigger than mine. Cash handed me a first aid kit. I opened it and forced Cash's hand off his forehead.

"You won't need stitches." I commented with a gentle smile. I patched his wound up, the deafening silence looming over us. I wiped a spot of blood off on my jeans.

"Why are you here?" Cash asked alas. The questioned had been in the air, but I wasn't wanting him to ask it.

"I had someone knock some sense into me tonight. And I've learned that I've been a real bitch to you. And I'm here to apologize for being that way." I took a deep breath. I grabbed his hand and interlaced his fingers with mine. "I'm sorry." I breathed out. "I'm sorry that I don't have any other excuses except for my anger issues and inability to trust. I have myself to blame and only myself. I kept thinking I'd corrupt your world or something terrible."

"Who knocked the sense into you?"

"Jason, Damien, and... you."

"How did I make you realize you were wrong?"

"Your face. I watched as you cried and it hurt me to know that I'm the reason why." I pulled my hand back and walked to the window.

"Don't leave." Cash whimpered. I turned to see him already staring at me. His eyes are watery. I reached up and grabbed the window. "Ashlyn..." I pulled it shut and twisted the lock. Cash smiled, clearly relieved that I wasn't about to jump out.

"By the way, I'm not a fan of Julie. She was a real bitch when she came down to California." I told him honestly.

"I'm not dating her, Ashlyn. Well, I am, but not because I want to. She's blackmailing me." My eyebrows furrowed together, worry now etched on my face.

"With what?"

"She's threatened to tell everyone that my father was murdered by my mother. We don't want anyone to know, but she does and she's using it against me. We don't want everyone to see how imperfect our perfect lives are." I chuckled.

"Nobody's life is perfect, Cash." I whispered. "What are her terms?"

"Keep her popularity up by dating her until graduation this spring. We've been dating since November." Cash seems defeated by this.

"I can talk to her."

"Don't. I don't need you getting in trouble for me, Ashlyn. How emotionally strong are you really?"

"Not at all. I'm just good at hiding it. Why do you ask?"

"I seen this girl get her ass kicked tonight. She just got on her knees and took it until she blacked out. They had to call someone to come get her. It was like committing suicide in without dying. She was a great fighter, perfect at it. Then she did that and everyone thinks less of her. I thought about if I was willing to take a beating because I felt so down."

"Are you?"

"Yes. I am willing to let someone beat me up because I feel like shit. I don't like feeling this way and would do anything to make it stop. I don't have the heart to hurt myself, but having another do it would make it so much easier." I had to hold back from growling at his words.

"Stand up." I ordered. Though confused, he did so. "Punch me."

"What?" He breathed out.

"Punch me. I don't care how many times. Just do it."

"I can't... I'm not going to hurt you." I grabbed his right hand and formed it into a fist.

"Do it. Anywhere. Just punch me." Cash threw a lazy punch. I stood perfectly still, looking down at my shoulder. "Come on, Cash, I know you're more upset than that." He punched me a bit harder. "Again." He punched me with a lot more force this time. I let him keep doing so until his knuckles started to bleed and he was crying. I wrapped my arms around him. He buried his face in my neck, hiding behind my hair. He wrapped his arms around me. I just let him cry.

That's part five! Cash has secrets too, guys!

Peace.
Love.
Out.