Nine

Anistons pov

I gazed into his bright eyes and amazing smile, what got me to fall for him in the first place. All the girls loved him back in highschool and I remembered I felt so lucky to hold hands with him in the halls or cheer for him on the side of football games. But no one knew about the dark terrible harmful side he showed me, the side that after a while made me try to avoid him and stay away from him so he couldn't do anything else. Some people told me it was an anger problem, at least my friends, I never talked to my parents about him.

But here I was at the first time I discovered his dark side. "C'mon Aniii" he whined holding out his rough tan hand for me to take so we could go down to the basement. His hair was a light brown and neatly spiked up and the curved over at the top, his eyes were my favorite part, they were a bright green that would crinkle at the edges whenever he smiled.

I giggled taking his hand and running downstairs to basement where we both sat down on the couch, me resting my head on his shoulder "what movie should we watch?" He asked and my phone buzzed so I pulled it out and answered one of my friends "uuh I don't care" he went over to the movie cabinet as I answered another friend "can you please put your phone away?" He asked "what?" "Put your phone away you never seem to appreciate the time we have together anymore" "w-what are you talking about?" His eyes turned almost a deeper emerald, something I had never seen happen before and I was terrified as he came closer.

"You're so unappreciative of everything Ani. Ever since your dad died your mom has given you everything and you don't appreciate any of that either let alone me" "Taylor stop this please" he grined as tear slipped down my face and I started to cry wiping up the falling water droplets with my sleeve. "Go ahead cry all you want because you know someone would have to tell you sometime that you're un grateful and unappreciative and a spoiled little brat"

"Taylor!" I stood up grabbing my vera bradley wristlet still crying I had to get out of here. His hand that I had learned to hold and tangle my fingers with slapped me across the face with a stinging pain that made me stand there frozen in shock, no one had ever abused me before. "What the heck is wrong with you?!" I yelled my voice raspy from tears as he commanded "sit down"

I woke up sweating and threw my covers off myself, sitting up to let out a few tears. I hated thinking about him. I hated remembering the things he did to me. I thought about last night with Ashton and the fort and everything he had done for me and just felt extremely lucky to have someone like him. There was a knock on the door, its 1am? I made my way downstairs wiping off a few tears from my face, I opened the door to see Luke standing in a white T-Shirt and plaid pajama pants, his eyes looked red and watery like he had been crying.

My immediate reaction was to hug him but when I went in for the hug he pushed me back "I never expected you to do something like this Ani, to pull off this stupid stunt" he wasn't even able to look at me. "What're you talking about?" "Don't play that game with me you've already done enough" he spat pushing his way inside to my apartment "Luke i-i'm really confused" I closed the door behind me and followed him to where he turned around grabbing his hair and clutching a small paper ball so tightly his knuckles had turned white.

"I'm talking about this whole grand act you've been putting up this whole time, how am I supposed to know your names really Aniston? Maybe its Jackie or Sarah?" He rambled fuming, his tone was harsh with almost a hint of sarcasm which made me shake.

"What the actual heck is going on?" "Thats exactly what I came to ask you" crap he knew, he knew that I had been lying all this time thats why he was here I knew I couldn't trust his dad. "Here maybe this might help refresh your memory" he chucked the paper ball at me and I un crumpled it and my heart stopped.