Four

Aniston's Pov

Ruby was waiting excitedly bouncing around in her chair when Ashton and I walked in, "welcome to the family!" She hugged Ashton as he awkwardly laughed, his arms pinned to his sides. "Alright so you two have the apartment showing right after the shift, heres the key to the apartment so you can go and look around and make sure you like it and Ani you can go ahead and show him around and explain how the cash register works and the sales since you are pretty much a veteran at this store, i'm gonna get going so bye!"

She handed me both keys and gave Ashton a pat on the back "bye! Thank you!" "Anytime Ashton" she then left the store to the two of us. "Alright, you ready to learn?" My pocket vibrated and I pulled my phone out to see a text from my best friend for about 4 years now, Sawyer. She was the opposite of me and way more out going and hilarious, everyone just fell in love with her personality and long blonde hair. She was always dragging me into situations I didn't want to do but it got me to be a little more adventurous, her text read:

'Hey babe ;) so i'm going to this party tonight and so are you, be ready by 7 i'll text you the adress'

I glanced over at Ashton who was looking down pushing the clothes around on one of the sales racks, I couldn't just leave him alone in my apartment. Plus if he's gonna be in his own apartment he needs to meet some people, so I replied:

'Ugh again? Alright on one condition'

'C'mon Ani live a little, and whats that?'

'I get to bring a friend with me'

'Ooh is he hot?'

I laughed, typical response

'SAWYER! How do you know its a guy?'

'What else does a friend usually mean? But ya bring your friend i'll text you the address!'

I locked my phone and put it into my pocket and Ashton looked up from whatever he was doing and watched me "you're coming to a party tonight with me" his eyes widened "what?" "My friend invited me to a party and I thought it would be fun to take you with me so you can meet some people" "seriously?" "Yup" he seemed so worried and he kept combing his hands through his hair and chewing on the inside of his cheek "don't worry it'll be fun, alright back to the job" he shook his head at me "alright so we'll first just start off by having you set up some displays, organize things up front, and then a few things behind the counter, sound good?" "Thanks for asking me that time" he muttered under his breath as I reached back and smacked his head.

The rest of the shift was spent by Ashton struggling to set up a vintage picture frame display in the front and me helping him and a few customers. "Ready to go check out the apartment?" I held up the keys to the apartment and jangled them loudly as he glanced between a display picture in one hand and a lime green frame in the other "yes! I can't deal with these frames anymore they're giving me anxiety" we both got out and exited the store, walking down to the apartment according to the directions Ruby texted me.

"Which way?" I asked Ashton who was the designated navigator, holding my phone and squinting at the scattered instructions. We stood at an intersection and the lights turned yellow signaling it was almost our time to cross "right...no left" "left?" "Yup right!" I groaned with annoyance "so right?" "Nope left" "are you sure?" "Positive" the little white man started flashing telling us it was our time to cross and we crossed to the left hoping we would eventually make it to the apartment.

"How are you gonna make it here by yourself without instructions?" I asked him because both of us were already confused with instructions, he laughed a little still staring down at the phone screen and glancing up at the street signs "thats a really good question, alright it should be up here on the right...5067" we both walked in silence looking at all the buildings on the right to find 5067 when Ashton suddenly stopped "right here!" The building was a huge brick building with a little metal gate out front.