I'm back in Konoha

Start from the beginning

"Have they given you anything to eat?"

H-heh? Oh, well, sometimes but it was literally just water and one slice of bread.

"I see, maybe that's the reason your stomach is acting up."

You're right! I should get something to eat when we make it back to Konoha.

As we made it out of the Akatsuki base, I suddenly heard a big explosion followed by the sound of rocks, big rocks, falling apart, and landing on the ground with a huge bang.

A relieved sigh escaped one of the Jounin. "We made it just in time."

Timeskip
Gai's POV
Such a young and youthful spirit! Even being kidnapped by a group that is full of dangerous criminals, she is not fazed by it at all.

I actually thought I would find her scared and crying but yet she still seems like a sane person, luckily.

"Gai-san, when will we make it there?" Ann groaned. She was still laying on my shoulder, and I was about to reply, I felt a small rumble, most likely coming from her stomach. "It's so late and I wanna eat something!"

Have they not given her anything to eat..?

"Here, take this, Ann-chan," One of my team members held out an apple. I could feel Ann stiffen.

"C-chan?!" She stuttered as she seemed to have a shocked expression plastered on her face.

The Jounin who held out the apple had a worried look on his face. "Should I not call you chan--"

"No!" She cut him off. "Keep calling me that please." Ann took the apple and wiped it on her Kimono's sleeve before biting into it.

It seemed we were getting close to Konoha since the scenery looked familiar. We slowed down a bit and ran down the road instead of jumping through the trees.

"Can I walk now?" Ann questioned as she squirmed around. "O-oh yeah! Sorry, I forgot I was even carrying you," I said as I set her down on the ground.

"Wait, is that the Konoha Gates?" She questioned, pointing to the large gate entrances of Konoha.

"Well, I'm off! Thanks for saving me!"

"W-wait--" I wasn't able to stop her as she just dashed towards the gates, leaving us dumbfounded.

Ann's POV
FOOOD!

NARUTO!

HOT BAKASHI!

SASUGAAYY!

AND...

MORE PEEPS!

I wonder if they missed me...

I dashed through the gates, not even approaching the guards. I leaped from one building roof to another until I landed on a pole.

A smile came to my face when I observed the village, it was very peaceful. "HEYYY!! THIS GURL NAMED ANN YAMADA IS BACK!!" I screamed, making it echo throughout the village.

"Hey, keep your noise down!" A random old man opened up his window and made gestures at me.

I stuck my tongue out at him and dropped down from the pole.

Maybe I should see Naruto..?

Or Kakashi..?

Or Gramps..?

Or--

"Food..?"

I looked around rapidly, only to remember that the voice was in my head.

Don't scare me like that, Ariana!

"Ariadne!!"

WHATEVER.

But she was right, I should find some food right now. I think the barbecue would be good...

I walked towards the restaurant where they would serve barbecue. "How many people today, miss?" a waitress questioned.

I looked around and spotted a certain team just chatting about. "Oh, I'm actually with them!" I stated, smirking, as I pointed towards their table, and sneaked up towards it.

"O-okay, umm enjoy.." the waitress mumbled to herself.

"It's not that funny.." I heard Shikamaru grumble. "Funny or not, let's eat this--"

"Hey!" I screamed all of a sudden, shocking Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji. Maybe not Asuma, I'm pretty sure he sensed me from long ago. He gave me a small wave which I returned while grinning.

"Ann?! You're back?!"

I gave them a big smile. "Yup! And I'm completely unharmed!" I reassured as I gestured to my body.

Ino lets out a sigh. "Gosh. It was really shocking when rumors spread around about you getting kidnapped," She stated. "Yeah. And you're back, completely unharmed?" Shikamaru remarked with a raised brow.

I shut him up by suddenly hugging the life out of him. "Oh, Shikamaru~ I knew you cared for me!" I cooed as I rubbed my cheek on his shoulder.

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes and noticed a small blush on his cheeks. "Is Shikamaru blushing?!" Ino giggled. "That's so not like him!"

Chouji and Ino laughed while Shikamaru was just grumbling to himself, "Shut up."

"Aww, Shikamaru~ don't be shy! Tell them about our relationship!" I said, trying to stifle a laugh.

"O-our what?!"

"Relationship?! You and Shikamaru?!" Ino screeched as she gripped her hair. "What?!"

Shikamaru blinked, "We're not in a--"

"I didn't know you two were together!" Chouji stated, shocked.

"We're not--"

I checked my imaginary watch and pretended to sigh. "Oh look at the time darling. I have to go, see you soon, babe." I kissed Shikamaru's cheek, making his whole face turn red.

"E-ehh?!!!?" When they were all distracted, I reached my hand out to the barbecue and grabbed a few of them.

I think 10 is enough...

"It should be able to fill you for some time.."

I hid the barbecue behind my back. "See ya, Shikamaru babe!~" I blew him a kiss before sprinting out of the restaurant, not noticing that Shikaku had just witnessed what happened.

Cliffhanger