Chapter Three

After an awkward silence fell over the two of us I decided to take a peek out of the corner of my eye at him, watching his nieces and Pasli play with a smile on his face. I took this time to admire his features. From the side his nose looked slightly crooked but you had to really stare to notice it. His lips were the color of a delicate rose and slightly chapped. Around his lips and the bottom half of his face he had a full beard the same color of his jet black hair, although it had sprinkles of gray in it that made me wonder his age. Overall, the man was beautiful, and those eyes, piercing pale blue almost grey held so many emotions and wonders behind them.

"A picture would last much longer Ms. Taylor." I quickly looked away and felt my face heat with embarrasment. He began laughing at me and I shot him a glare.

"I'm sure whatever you're laughing at Mr. Nikkola is not that funny. I wasn't staring at you because of your looks I was trying to think of the easy way to kill you and get away with it."

He stopped laughing but a smile still played on his lips. He began to lean over and whispered in my ear.

"I never said you were looking at my looks , but I'm pretty sure a kiss from you would kill me, wanna test my theory?"

I looked up at him and began to lean in, his eyes began to darken with lust as I brushed my lips over his. I looked him in his eyes and whispered.

"Over my dead body." I pushed his head away from mine and began to laugh while gathering my things. He sat there in shock while I just laughed.

"Can we hurry and get this ice-cream so I can leave? I have other plans that didn't involve you."

After gaining his composure, he shook his head with a small chuckle and began to gather the twins things and stood up.

"You are truly something else Ms. Taylor."

I snorted his way. "Tell me something I don't know mister."

I shouted for Paisli to come so we can go and Melody and Kareena soon followed after their Uncle promised to bring them back tomorrow. Walking to our cars I realized I didn't know what ice-cream place we were going to so I had to once again initate conversation with the devil incarnated.
"Mr. Nikkola, where are we going to get ice- cream?"

He looked at me and smiled, sweet baby Jesus lying in a manger, even his teeth were perfect.

"How about a proposition Ms. Taylor. If you call me Alexander and let me call you Av'ree I will tell you, or you can go around until you find the right one?" Is this nigga serious? Can't be. I looked at him and just roll my eyes.

"First of all, if you don't tell me I'll just take Paisli and go somewhere to get ice-cream without you. I don't even like you so why would I let you call you anything unprofessional let alone get on a first name basis with you? I think we will be heading home, come on Paisli." She let out a small whimper and I knew she was about to cry, the one thing I hated to see was her cry, but this was something I was not backing down on, I refused to go eat with this egotistical asshole. Looking down at Paisli I reached my hand out to her and told her again to come here. She began to let out light sobs and ran to hide behind Alexander. I looked at him with wide eyes and even sad to say hurt feelings. She chose him over me, her own mother.

"Mama, I wanna go eat ice-cream with them. I don't want to go with you." I know I'm a certified drama queen but in the moment I felt like the spirit of Sharpay Evans came down and placed itself into my body. As soon as I registered what Paisli said I began crying hysterically, I don't know what came over me but in the moment I thought the worse. My daughter thought I was a bad mother and didn't love me anymore. Alexander quickly ran to my aide asking what was wrong or was I in pain.

"YES, I'M IN PAIN!" He stared at me with wide eyes full of concern and yelled back with a shaky voice.

"W-ww ELL WHAT HURTS?"

" MY HEART, MY DAUGHTER DOESN'T LOVE ME AND THINKS I'M A BAD MOTHER, oh god, she'll want to move out and stay with my sister, she can't stay with her, Anya already has 3 kids, Paisli can't live without me, she is only 3 in 5 months she'll be 4. She has never disobeyed me, I don't know what to do." Alexander just stared at me with wide eyes trying to digest everything I was spitting out. In his defense, I was being a bit dramatic but hey, it's who I was.

He began shaking me, "Hey, Hey Av'ree the kid doesn't hate you, she just wants ice-cream and to be around the girls some more. You're still her mom and she still loves you and doesn't want to move in with your sister and her 3 kids, she wants to stay with you."

"Really?" he nodded his head still with wide eyes, people passing by began to stare and whisper to each other about us. Paisli then ran over to me and began hugging my neck.

"Yeah mama, I want to stay with you, and we can go get ice-cream and watch Olaf mommy. I don't mean to make you sad mama." I realized that I may have over exaggerated the situation at hand and was making a fool out of myself in front of Alex. I immediately hopped up and wiped my tears away. I took a deep breath and looked at Alexander who was looking at me like I was crazy.

"So Alex, where are we going to get ice-cream?" The girls began to giggle and he just looked back and forth between me and the girls, before he finally spoke.

"There is a small place my parent use to take me when I was a kid around the corner. We can go there if you're up to it." He gave me a weary smile like he was still afraid I would burst into tears at any given moment.

"Yeah, of course, I follow you come on Pailsli." As we turned to walk away I looked over my shoulder to see Alexander looking at me in disbelief with a small smile on his face. He probably thinks I'm crazy and the the truth is I am. I open the car door and buckled Paisli in then exited the park behind Alexander's car. We arrived to the ice-cream parlour and as soon as everyone was out of the car, giggles filled the air as the three girls ran ahead of us into the ice-cream parlour. As I went to open the door, Alexander stopped my hand.

"A lady will never touch a door while she in in my presence." I loked at him and lauged. "Ooh good thing chivalry isn't dead huh champ?" He just laughed and shook his head. He looked like he wanted to say something but was afraid.

"What is it, Champ? If you have something to say, say it. Don't wait until I'm enjoying my ice-cream because that will only make it worse for you." I laughed out.

"Champ huh? What happened to Mr. Nikkola?"

"We can go back to him or I can just call you nothing? Your choice?"

"Champ is fine, but my question for you is are you sure your okay?"

"OH, yeah I'm fine. When I was pregnant I read a book about discipling your kids and it said that when children misbehave and their parents cry or get upset about it they tend to not repeat the same behavior that put their parents in a emotional state. So next time I tell Paisli to come here her little ass won't think twice." He looked at me in amazement and let out a laugh and sigh of relief.

"You are truly something else Ms. Taylor." I shook my head in agreement.

I walked past him and into the building, he was still behind me when I yelled over my shoulder, "Call me Av'ree."