Chapter Twenty-Five

Vic’s POV

I lay there just staring at Charley sleeping. My hand was stroking her hair. I didn’t remember much of what happened last night except I threw up on the streets. My hangover was still major. Today was our anniversary and the day I was going to propose to Charley. I had a good feeling about this. Charley woke up and smiled.

“Happy anniversary baby!” She said softly. I smiled and kissed her on the lips. This was the right decision.

“Happy anniversary.” She smiled.

“Oh, I got you something!” She hopped out of bed and went in to her closet. Out of the closet she got a large box. She handed it to me and sat cross legged on the bed. I looked at her with an eyebrow raised. “Go on! Open It!” She chirped. I took the lid of the box and I pulled out a new sleek guitar. It was a plain white one. “I know it’s plain but you can customize it.” Her face was beaming. I realised I was smiling too. It was a beautiful guitar. I put it down on the bed and hugged her pushing her over. She kissed me and we were rolling around on the bed. She was laughing, the same laugh I first fell in love with her with.

“Knock, knock.” Ellie laughed as she entered the room. We both stopped when she came in. But we all burst out laughing. “Don’t worry I’m not like Tony.” 

“Do you like it?!” I said holding up my new guitar and sounding like a little kid. Ellie smiled and nodded.

“I just wanted to say happy anniversary. Two years big number. Me and Jaime are catching up fast.” She went to hug Charley but I pulled her on to the bed. She and Charley laughed. “I should go wake up Jaime.” She said climbing out of Charley grasp. “He has a hangover.” She whispered.

“Go be loud.” I said to her.

“I have an amp in my room and my guitar collection. I could think of something. Anyway you two go be a happy couple, its pancakes for breakfast.” She smiled at us.

“What if I don’t like pancakes?” Charley joked. Ellie laughed and shut the door behind her.

“What about my present?” Charley joked, turning over to look at me.

“It’s for later.” I winked at her and got out of bed. “When you going out again?” I questioned, pulling on a tank top and a flannel shirt.

“Dunno 2ish?” I nodded and pulled on some jeans. “I’ll be down in a minute.” She smiled and walked in to the bathroom.

As I walked downstairs the whole house filled with a sound of a guitar. Ellie. She had actually done it. I laughed at her and was greeted by the smell of pancakes.

“Hey Vic, happy anniversary.” Bekka chirped as I walked in to the kitchen. “Pancakes?” She asked. I nodded, I couldn’t resist them. Whilst I was tucking in to them the guitar died down and I heard Ellie’s laugh from upstairs. A few minutes later she came downstairs with a sad look on her face.

“What’s up El?” I asked trying to contain my laughter. She saw that I was trying to stop it from coming out and slapped my arm but burst out laughing herself. I joined her. “What happened then?” I asked still laughing a bit.

“Well, you could probably hear. I did what I said I would. He then started complaining so you do what you would do. Bundle!” I started laughing again. Only Ellie would bundle. “But we both started laughing and he went in to the bathroom.” She shrugged and laughed again. “You should have seen his face. It was priceless.” I could imagine what it looked like. Charley came down looking as beautiful as ever. She came and put her arms around my neck from behind and kissed me on the cheek.