Chapter Three

"How about these?" Jaime said. I turned around to find him holding a huge pack of plastic cups.

"You have got exactly what i wanted." I gave him a small peck on the cheek. "Now run along and find some of your candles you wanted, I'll get the booze." We separated and I went to the alcohol aisle.

At the end of the aisl was a notice board, that I always checked. it couldn't hurt to have a look- jobs, charities and a newspaper cutting. The man in the picture looked very familiar. I took a step back when I remembered who it was. Three years ago, before I met Jaime, I was coming out of the cafe where I had a Saturday job, I was attacked- Raped and Stabbed. The police had caught the man, but now he was out of prison and was raoming the streets. "NO!" I said under my breath. turning to the wine aisle, I took anything that seemed nice, grabbed 8 boxes of 10 pack beers and 10 vodkas. I was content with what I had.

I met with Jaime in the candle section; he looked like a little boy in the Disney store, so happy and sweet. He turned round, placing 4 more candles into his already full baskets and came and hugged me. We walked to the till and paid. I was unusaully quiet. Jaime kept looking at me from the corner of his eye. Finally, when we got the car, he asked me. "What's wrong babe?"

"Oh nothing. i'm just tired." Jaime knew not to ask too many questions when I'm tired, because I can get grouchy, so he left it. The car journey home felt like hours, I kept my eyes focused outside, trying to take my mind off Peter the stalker. When we got to my house and drove up the drive, I had to be shaken to get out the car. Jaime looked me deep uin the eyes. "There is definitely something wrong. Babe you can tell me!" He took my hands in his. I pulled away and groaned.

"Let's go inside." I said. Once inside I told him verything about my attacker/stalker. "For a few months a guy had got in to contact with me about my podcasts, he seemed very nice and friendly. So we met up, he liked to film and take pictures of me. he said it was for a project. I didn't mind at all. Then one day I invited him in, he turned all psyco on me. Trying to get me to undress in front of him. I forced him to leave. He kept messaging me and  coming to my house. I never answered him. I stopped my podcasts. I was afraid to leave the house. My mum knew nothing about it, she was never there. On Saturdays I worked at the cafe and one night i was told to lock up. That was when he attacked me. He stabbed and cut me open then raped me. I used the knife he used on me to stab him in the shoulder. There was alot of blood. He tried running but an on looker, how I soon learned was Vic, called the police and they caught him. I have a huge scar from that night where he cut me." Tears were rolling down my cheeks as I lifted up my shirt. Jaime looked at it in shock. I wasn't suprised, it was a huge white lumpy line that went from one side to the other on my stomach.

"How come I've never seen this?" when i opoened my mouth, Jaime put his finger on my lips. "No need to answer, I don't care." He brought me to his chest and hugged me tightly. I didn't ever want him to let go. "You don't need to worry anymore babe, I'm here now and so are the guys." Just looking in to his eyes made me feel better. "If you ever need to talk, just come to me. We need to..."

"I love you." I blurted when he was mid-sentence.

"I love you too Elliott. I will never ever let you get hurt again." We stayed in each others arms for a few minutes, until Jaime said "Right we have things to do. I will do the pool and you can place my beautiful frangranced candles around the house and garden." I put my arms around his neck and kissed him.

"Okay gay boy. Fragranced? Really?" I whispered. He smiled at me then left the room.