Chapter Seventeen

Vic’s POV

“Maybe.” Kellin doesn’t normally go for other people’s girlfriends, especially friends. I saw Mike heading for the front door, where was he going? I broke free from Ellie and grabbed her hand to follow me. I coughed. “Mike, where are you going?” He looked nervous.

“Out.” He was hiding something, I knew my brother to well and he knew that. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

“I know that, but where? Who to see?” I teased him. Mike turned bright red and I heard Ellie snigger behind me.

“Someone.” I stared at him, he was really starting to annoy me now.

 “We all know it’s a girl Mike, just tell us who and bring her home.”

“Really everyone knows?” I pointed at Ellie.

“Yep, it’s pretty obvious.” She laughed. He looked beaten. Victory to the big brother.

“She’s called Bekka. I really like her Vic, please don’t embarrass me.” He begged. Okay.

“Me embarrass you, what really?” I said sarcastically.

“I mean it Vic.” With that he walked out the door. I turned around to find Ellie biting her lip; she was so much like a sister.

“Where’s Charley?” She asked me looking straight in my eyes, with her piercing blue ones.

“I don’t know, I’ll text her.” I took out my phone and started a text.

“No, call her.” Ellie said sweetly. “Text when you know.”

“Where you going?” I asked her. She turned around and smiled. Well that helped. Something wasn’t right about her smile. She brought a hand to her chest and stroked her scar of the gunshot wound. Her smile faded. “Ellie, no. Don’t it’ll make it worse.” She was going to look at them, she still was damaged, but she was recovering this would make her worse. I grabbed her waist as she was about to run up the stairs.

“Let go Vic!” She struggled in my arms. She was weak after she was shot, by now she would have made it out of my grasp. “I need to do it some time.”

“Not now Ellie. It’s for the best.” She stopped struggling and I loosened my grasp. I turned her round to face me, she was crying again. Aww man, when someone cries I start crying. I pulled her in to another hug.

“Really?” She asked. I nodded. My phone vibrated in my pocket. “Woah that felt weird.” She was smiling again. He smiled was my second favourite, Charley’s being the first. Ellie took a step back, so I could take my phone out. “Where’s Tony?” She asked, she seemed to want to know where people were.

“He is urm, probably at Henri’s parents place. Why?” She looked down.

“I miss Tony.” She sat on the bottom step, I slid next to her. Tony and her were pretty close, they always used to just go and eat Taco’s and take walks together. It was sweet. “I’m gunna go see Nic.”

“Okay.” She kissed me on the cheek and went up to her room.

Ellie’s POV

“Nic, you need to get yourself a man.” I was sitting on her desk chair, spinning around. I heard her laugh.

“Yeh I do.” She was spread on her bed looking at the ceiling.

“How about we go out tonight find you a man?” I heard her consider this. She rolled over on to her front and I stopped spinning.

“How about you stay over!?” She clapped with joy. We hardly ever had girls’ nights out anymore. I nodded and smiled.

“Yeah!!” I screamed. “Come with me to get some clothes.” She stood up and I followed.