Chapter Three

Mate

The night swept by like a breeze, I didn't have any nightmares, I didn't even dream about anything, it was just darkness and those voices whispering ingredients in my ears, it was peaceful for once in my life, but why?.

Morning finally came, I opened my eyes to allow sunshine into them, today I turn eighteen, today I'm a legal citizen and today.... I meet my mate, it all just felt unrealistic, it felt like a dream to me, "what would he be like?", I wondered as I got out of bed, will he be shy like me or outgoing?, will he be handsome or average? Heck with how useless I am I'll be lucky if I even got a mate.

There was a knock at my door, its obviously Adele, its 6 in the morning and she's already here, that's my girl, and Sasha...still silent, I wish she'd just talk to me already, yesterday was the past and today is supposed to be a good day so why doesn't she just lighten up?. I walked to my door and opened it to see Adele and...Duncan? But how, why? I stared at him with confusion then stared at Adele, what the hell is going on?

"Tell her you jerk", Adele punched Duncan in the shoulder.

He sighed in irritation.

"Resident 119, happy birthday, and sorry for yesterday, I guess".

I was shocked, how did Adele manage to make Duncan, mean Duncan, "I'll bite your head off" Duncan, to apologize to me? But then again she is Adele.

"Um oh thank you, and its OK I gue-", before I could finish he raised his hand and stopped me.

Well

"Since you are eighteen now you are permitted to go to the main grounds where the upper warriors are, you are also allowed to enter the pack house but not as you please, only if its an emergency or if you upgrade which will never happen..", Adele punched Duncan so hard I could hear his wolf whimper, "sorry, my bad, anyways as I was saying you're allowed to do those things but do not loiter around anyhow you want understood?" He continued.

"Ah yes understood, don't worry I won't over stay my welcome, I already know I'm not wanted", I reassured him with a smile.

He nodded his head and turned to leave when he stopped and turned back, "oh and you guys should doll yourselves up, we're throwing a party".

"A party, why?" Adele asked.

"Because, the Alpha is back", Duncan replied bluntly and went on his way.

"The Alpha is finally back huh?", Adele said as she walked into my house."Haven't seen him in a looong time, I wonder if he's still as good looking as ever, oh man that boy has looks".

I rolled my eyes and followed her to my room, "yeah I forgot you guys have seen each other before, how old were you when you last saw him?", I curiously asked.

"Hmmm I must have been 16"

"And he was?"

"17, why all these questions?"

"Oh nothing I just wanted to know, I've never met him before that's all".

There was an awkward silence