Scene 3 - Touchdown

Now hovering above the hard and sandy planet, the Paradox touches down on part of the harder rock surface gently. Nearby are some building and a mine standing on its own from the rest of the planet, a fleeting design; this includes a large, mansion-sized house for its owner with a mine underneath the structure which we can only see a collection of pumping units burying their pipes deep into the surface of the planet. The crew of the Paradox stand waiting inside beside the door of the Victorian ship, Captain Thrice leads the expedition with the rest of the crew eagerly standing around waiting for instructions from their captain.

Thrice:

Right. Sproggle, you've got the tracer. Keep it hidden with you in case our whoever out there takes it from us. Sir Squeakalot, you stay here on guard if we need your help.

Squeakalot:

Very well Captain sir.

Thrice:

Let's go everyone.

He leads the way out of the ship accompanied by his walking stick in front of Roger, Isambard, Lyca and finally Sproggle as the door shuts behind them.

Roger:

Quite a planet considering it is on the edge of the universe.

Walking Stick:

Captain, what do you suppose those huge pumps over there are for?

Thrice:

I don't know old girl. They seem to be leading underground like there is some drilling process going on.

Walking Stick:

I can't feel many vibrations though.

Lyca:

One other thing about the planet, isn't it a bit strange how there is just one house just sat in the middle of a baron, hard concrete land with patches of sand.

Thrice:

True Lyca.

Isambard:

Maybe the person at the front door can give us some answers.

Roger:

Very funny Isambard.

Isambard:

That wasn't meant to be a joke, Roger.

The old, hard-wooden door opens wide up as Magnus reveals himself from his house.

Magnus:

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, can I be of any assistance to you.

Thrice:

Erm, well... We aren't really from around this place, and we were...

Magnus:

Yes, yes of course. Please, come inside. Nice ship by the way. I don't often receive visitors.

He allows the other entrance into his house as they enter so kindly.

Thrice:

Oh, well, thank you.

One by one, they enter the house.