⠀⠀𝟭𝟴. ❛ THE ERROR OF HIS WAYS ❜

Start from the beginning

     In the cell on the woman's right was a man dressed in all black. He was wearing a silver mask on his head and tapping with a small rock on the glass walls. Across from the man lay Barry Allen, who was just now gaining consciousness.

     Sitting up, the brown-haired man looked around. Turning his head in every direction, he noticed that he was confined in a cell and immediately stood up. Barry turned around, and his eyes landed on Jesse in the cell next to him. "Jesse? Jesse! Hey, I'm here with your dad. We're going to get you out of here."

     Jesse smiled weakly, his words not bringing any sense of comfort to her.

     Looking around, the speedster's eyes landed on the woman in red. Gasping, his eyes widened. "Piper? Oh, my God, you're okay."

     Narrowing her dark hollow eyes that had once been painted a soft chocolate brown, she stepped forward, tightening the grip on her bow. "You're the breacher Ja—" Her words were cut short as her cell glowed blue, Zoom now towering over her.

     Glowering at the speedster in front of her, she drew back her bow, a red arrow resting between the two. "What did I tell you," he growled, "about your loose lips?"

     "Get away from her!" Barry yelled, slamming his fist against the glass wall, craning his neck to catch a glimpse of the redhead.

     Taking a step forward, Piper pressed the tip of her arrow to Zoom's chest. "Get out of my cell before I shoot your eyes out and feed them to you." Her words echoed in the lonely train station. Zoom tilted his head, knowing that he wasn't fast enough to deflect or dodge her arrows. Her threat wasn't empty. It was very much true and held promise.

     Stepping back, he fazed through the cell and into Barry's, his overpowering figure looming over the man. "You shouldn't have come here, Flash." Zoom mused, his dark voice causing goosebumps to trail up Jesse's arms.

     "Step away from him, Garrick," Piper shouted, releasing her arrow and watching as it penetrated through the glass effortlessly, striking the speedster directly in the back. Letting out a growl of pain, Zoom backed away, yanking out the arrow and throwing it to the ground. The man in the silver mask began tapping on his cell wall frantically. "I said step away!"

     The speedster then sped out of the room, leaving the four captives alone. Glancing down to the arrow on the ground and then back up at Piper, Barry let out a breath he'd been holding. "How'd you do that? And why did you call Zoom Garrick? Jay Garrick is back on my Earth." Barry breathed, confused.

     "He's on both Earths. He travels between the two. After the particle accelerator explosion, Jay Garrick became both the Flash and Zoom. The man is obsessed with the spotlight and will do anything to be loved and hated by everyone. He enjoys wreaking havoc and then pretending to be the savior." Piper spat darkly, her blood boiling, avoiding his other question.

     Barry shook his head, frowning. The man that had come to his team telling them they were in danger, helped them take down meta-humans, taught Barry how to throw lightning, gave him advice, and was his friend, was the one behind it all. He'd been betrayed again. He'd been lied to again.

     The scarlet archer watched as the man who was identical to the one she loved pieced everything together for himself.

     "How do you know all of this? Why do you and the other Barry work for criminals?"

     Jesse looked between the two, wishing that he hadn't asked.

     A sick and twisted smile crept onto Piper's face. "Oh, there's so much you don't know. That you'll never know."