"Can't I just, I don't know, go for a run or something? That's adrenaline too," I shrugged. 

"Not enough to trigger your wings. Your wings are supposed to come out when you tell them to, but you don't really want them to come out, so they won't. If you're falling to a dark, icy ocean, you're gonna want them to come out," she smirked. She had a point. 

"I don't want to," I scowled. 

"Quit being a baby. No one wants to. But you need to learn how to fly and defend yourself. Grey can't help you with your transition, but he wants to help you fly and fight. You need to learn so you're not completely dependent on Grey when we start moving," she explained. Heaven had placed Grey's house under temporary protection while I completed my angelic transition. Once I was transitioned and could defend myself, we had to move from church to church as we would try to find some way to re-Pledge my soul. 

I didn't think we'd find a way. If the Ruler and Creator of Heaven didn't know, then how would anything on Earth be able to help? Nonetheless, the Archangels insisted we try. That's where Grey was right now, meeting with them to try to figure out where we were supposed to head first. He'd been gone for days, as the Archangels were incredibly stubborn and refused to meet anywhere other than St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, or Notre Dame in Paris. Rude. I didn't know when he was to return. It kind of made me feel sick to my stomach. I think it was because of this stupid Pledge thing. Gives my soul separation anxiety. 

"When are we going to talk about that, by the way? Didn't you want to catch up or something? And I want to know what Grey was like while I was out of it," I chuckled. 

"No changing the subject. When you can control your wings, then we will talk, okay?" She smiled. Somehow, becoming angelic had made Allison that much more perfect. It was annoying. It was like looking at the epitome of female perfection every minute for the last three days and it was making me feel self conscious. I know it wasn't her intention, but until I completed my angelic transition, I just looked like a normal human with brighter eyes and scars on her shoulder blades. 

Apparently, in order to complete my transition, I had to not only be able to control my wings, but also be able to fly, and be able to fight at a level deemed acceptable by the Archangels, who were monitoring my development. Only then would they do this weird Angel ritual, 'unlocking' the rest of my soul and allowing me to use 100% of it. 

I know. It's cult-y. I just hoped it didn't involve like, I don't know, chicken blood or something bizarre like that. 

"If I jump off the damn cliff, you'll tell me what Grey was like while I was out of it?" I narrowed my eyes at her. She made an 'X' motion over her heart and nodded. 

I can't believe I was agreeing to this. 

"Fine. But if I die, you get to tell my boyfriend what you did, and I'm revoking your best friend card," I pointed my finger at her warningly. She held her hands up in surrender with a giggle and I rolled my eyes. 

I started heading towards the door, but Allison cleared her throat behind me. 

"Do you really want to rip through your favorite hoodie when your wings come out?" She folded her arms and tilted her head to the side. I glanced outside the massive windows in Grey's living room. It was a slurry of rain and flurries outside. 

"You're kidding right? It's freezing out there, and you want me to take this off? Forget falling in the water, I'll get hypothermia just standing out there!" I retorted. 

"You're gonna rip your sweatshirt and be cranky for the rest of the day. Take it off," Allison shook her head. I furrowed my brows at her and clenched my jaw, but she didn't budge.