7. Good To Be Home

Start from the beginning

"I've had a run in with it, yes." Brea admitted. "The night before the particle accelerator exploded, I was in Starling City, getting ready to leave for Central City. As I was packing up, I was kidnapped and taken to an abandoned warehouse. A man couldn't even get half of the serum into my system before the Arrow came to rescue me."

"You saw The Arrow?" Caitlin said amazed. "That must've been cool."

"It's pretty amazing." Brea chuckled. She missed her vigilante friend and made a quick note to call the team about her awakening.

"Felicity Smoak came to visit you and Barry a lot. She also had us make a cure that could counteract the effects of Mirakuru. Whatever, or whoever, they were dealing with at the time caused some serious damage to Starling. If you want, I could make another cure just in case."

"Thank you, Caitlin, but I think I'll be okay. I know what Mirakuru could do to people and I want to use it to do good. The same way Barry is using his speed to save people."

Speaking of the devil, Cisco had summoned us to the cortex because Barry needed medical attention. Apparently, their new metahuman had went to invade Stagg Industries and managed to beat up Barry.

"Sorry. The abrasions are already rapidly healing." Caitlin informed when Barry winced in pain.

"Yeah, I got my ass handed to me."

"You got blood on my suit." Cisco said, upset.

"I think some of it belongs to him." Barry argued. "Another not so friendly metahuman."

Dr. Wells pressed a few buttons and a picture popped up on the screen in front of him. "Danton Black. He's a bio-geneticist, specialized in therapeutic cloning, growing new organs to replace failing ones."

Caitlin joined in. "Apparently Stagg stole his research and then fired him."

"I saw Black create duplicates from his own body." Barry said.

"That's pretty ironic. The guy specialized in cloning and now he can make xeroxes of himself." mentioned Cisco.

"It's possible he was working on his experiment when he was exposed to whatever energy the particle accelerator sent out-" Brea started.

"Dark matter." Wells corrected.

"Dark matter." She repeated. "If Danton Black was exposed to dark matter while working on his experiement, then-" She was interrupted once again.

"Meet Captain Clone." Cisco said. The team looked at him in disapproval, not feeling the new nickname for the meta. "Don't worry, I'll come up with something cooler."

"I kind of like it. Keep it in the drafts." Brea suggested.

Barry tried to be discreet and head out the door, but was caught by Caitlin. "Where are you going?" She asked.

"Joe was right. I'm in way over my head. Yeah, I'm fast, but I am no warrior. Man, I could barely fight one metahuman, let alone six." Barry admitted.

"Barry, I understand." Dr. Wells said. "Today was a setback, but any grand enterprise has them, and we can never learn to fly without crashing a few times."

"This wasn't a grand enterprise, Dr. Wells. This was a mistake." Barry left the room and Brea followed before he could get too far.

"Hey, you're not seriously giving up already, are you? I didn't get to see you in action yet." Brea tried to joke.

"I'm not capable of doing this, Brea. Yes, I've been stopping robbers and saving people from burning buildings, but this is different. If I can't save the city from a metahuman, then I can't save the city at all. I'm done."