Chapter 5

Lara-Jean

Ouch. That was the first thought that came to my mind once I woke up. My splitting headache was bursting my head apart and I felt like I was going to pass out. Ouch.

"Hey there sleeping beauty."

I blushed, then groaned. Covey's voice seemed to come from a loudspeaker. I slowly opened my eyes and she was kneeling beside my bed with the usual amused look on her face.

"Here take these, they would make you feel better." Covey said, handing me a glass of water and some Advil.

I grabbed everything from her hand and gobbled them down, I could feel her intense stare on me. All of a sudden all the events from last night: from puking my guts out in front of Covey to sleeping in the same bed as her came flooding back to me and I almost choked on my water.

"Easy Princess." Covey said, patting me softly on my back, I rolled my eyes, it seemed she was back to this Princess thing.

"I need to shower." I mumbled getting up from my bed and walking around Covey.

"Can I join you?"

I paused. My back was to Covey which I was glad for because I couldn't face looking at her.

"To breakfast, I mean. Can I join you to breakfast after your shower?"

My heart started beating normally again, and I nodded quickly not trusting my voice before rushing into the bathroom. I had a cold shower. It helped with my headache. I was about to walk out when I realized something. I hadn't brought my change of clothes into the bathroom which meant that I had to go out into the room to get it. The room with Covey.

I shut my eyes and exhaled.

Taking a deep breath I wrapped my towel as tight as possible around me and stepped out into the room.

There was Covey, leaning against the desk at the opposite side of the room using her phone. She immediately dropped it when she caught sight of me standing at the other end of the room with water dripping around me. I had no idea what was going on but Covey took the few steps needed towards me. I took a few steps backwards and the towel fell to the ground, leaving my body on full display.

I stood there. Stark naked and wet. My eyes were fixed on Covey's which roamed my body. She took her time lingering over every inch of my body, taking her right index finger she trailed it down my arm. I immediately felt sparks erupting from where she touched.

"C-Covey..what are you doing." I stuttered, my voice was barely a whisper. The atmosphere was so tense.

"You're beautiful Lara-Jean." Covey said locking her eyes with mine,"every inch of you."

She pulled her hand away from me and looked at me in the eye.

"Hurry up and change. Meet me downstairs in the cafeteria." Her voice was husky.

I was shivering, but not because I was cold.