Chapter 10: Sunrise to Sunset

Avery woke up with a huge smile on her face, Eric was curled up next to her. His arm was draped over her stomach. Carefully she lifted it up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed. She heard Eric stir. "Baby, come back to bed."

She laughed softly. "No, I'm up just in time."

He groaned sitting up in bed. "The sun's not even out yet."

"Exactly," she grinned. "I wanted to go down to the beach and watch the sunrise. I heard it's spectacular."

"So then I have to join you."

Avery shook her head. "No, you don't have to. Go back to sleep if you want."

He got out of bed and came up behind Avery wrapping his arms around her waist. She giggled when he kissed her over and over on her bare shoulder. "Absolutely not."

"Why not?"

'I'm going to be right beside you to watch the sunrise."

"Okay."

He slapped her bare ass. "Come on. I think a shower is due since we have time."

"Together?"

He smirked. "We have to conserve water."

She rolled her eyes. "Sure we do." Avery grabbed his hand and led him to the bathroom. They both stepped into the shower together. Eric turned on the water and adjusted the water temperature so it wouldn't scald their skin. When he found the right temp he pulled Avery towards the water holding out her body wash. "Allow me," he smiled seductively.

Eric started to lather the floral smelling body wash across Avery's chest. She let out a soft moan while his hands worked her breasts. "Eric..."

"Hmm?"

"If you keep fondling my boobs we won't see the sunrise."

"There's always tomorrow."

Avery shook her head. "The forecast said it was going to rain overnight. Today's our best chance."

He sighed handing over the body wash. "Alright, but we will finish this later."

Her cheeks flushed. "Okay."

Eric kissed her cheek and they both quickly showered up and got dressed.

They were holding hands as they walked down the beach. Avery stopped to pull of her flip flops so she could walk across the sand with her bare feet. Since the sun wasn't up yet the sand was cool.

Bright hues of orange and pinks started to fill the sky as the sun started to come up. "Wow, this is beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you."

"W-o-w, that was corny Eric."

He laughed running his hand through his hair. "It might be but that doesn't make it not true. Your beautiful and I'm go damn glad that I saw you at the mall."

Tears began to prick at Avery's eyes. That was one of the most romantic things he's ever said to me. It should be a line for a Nicolas Sparks book.

"Baby, why are you crying? Is everything okay?"

She shook her head. "I'm just so happy your in my life too."

He smiled. "There's something I wanted to ask you."

"Ask away."

"Well I guess it wasn't as much as asking as wanting to know if you would be okay with everyone knowing that your mine."

Holy shit. Is he going to propose? Avery though to herself.

"I want the public to know that I'm with you," he continued.