Chapter 5

Jacs POV

I was shocked by jasmines statement. I never realized how truly broken she was. She was in pain while I was cruel and mean to her. I understand why she doesn't trust me or anyone. It's the same reason as to why I don't trust anyone either.

Abandonment.

It destroys you. It causes you to push people away for fear that they will hurt you. I've made Jasmines fear true. I've hurt her already. I've hurt so many times. This is something I will regret for the rest of my life. I will make it up to her though. I will spend every minute I can trying to show her how sorry I am. 

"I'm not going to leave you. Not again. I left you that day with our mother and I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry but I'm never going to leave you again. I don't expect you to believe me or even trust me but I'm hoping over time you will" I say to jasmine as she's looking down.

"I don't trust you. I don't trust anyone. Not even myself. I'm tired of trying to prove myself to everyone. Trying to prove myself to you , Serena. I'm done." Jasmine says with tears forming in her eyes.

"I know. I felt the same way. I fought so hard to be the best. I pushed everyone away and didn't let anyone in my way. I said it was to become a great surgeon but I knew deep down I was trying to prove myself. Prove myself to Paula. Everything I did was to prove myself to Paula. To show her she made a mistake in abandoning me." I say being truthful for the first time in a long time.

"How did you get over it? The abandonment. You seem fine with it now" Jasmine asks.

"I found the person in my life that meant the most at the time"I say smiling.

"Who was that?" Jasmines asks.

"Emma. And speaking of which I have to pick her up from school and drop her to Jonny's" I say. "I'll be back later tonight. Do you need anything?".

"No I'm grand thanks" she says sheepishly again.