Chapter 3

Jac POV

I walk to AAU as fast I can , without looking too weird. I'm not going to lie when the corridor was empty,I did run. I reached AAU and looked around the ward. Jasmine was nowhere to be seen. I walked up to the nurses station and saw Fletch sitting at the computer.

"Have you seen Dr.Burrows?" I ask sounding bored.

"Hi Ms Naylor. No her shift finished two hours ago. Would you like to leave a message?" He asked in his cheery voice.

"No it's fine" I say walking away.

I headed towards the on call room. When I arrived I saw a sign written in marker saying 'Under Constrution'. I listened for a bit and nothing from the room. I knocked but still nothing. I made the decision to just go in. I opened the door slowly but when I see it I step into the room and close the door quickly.

The room is a mess. There is books and papers all over the floor. In fact there is books anywhere they would fit. I look around the room until my eyes land on the heap lying on the tiny on call bed. I walk over slowly seeing Jasmine asleep.

I take a moment to really look at the girl. Her blonde hair is a mess and looks like it hasn't seen a brush in weeks. She is so thin that her cheekbones are almost as prominent as her own. And then there's her skin. She is awful pale and I could see beads of sweat on her forehead.

I walk over and try to wake her up. First I tried calling her name. It started off as quiet calls but it sooner grew louder. I then tried shaking her but still nothing. I put my hand to her forehead. She was boiling hot, obviously burning a giant fever. This wasn't good.