Ch 6: The most beautiful thing in Scotland

[I don't own ''Brave''; the photo used:  mirrorofthemagus: Red Archer. Photo by Anya Sergeeva on Flickr] 
Please, read the A/N at the end (thank you!)
^^^

(y/n) glanced at the sky. It was about an hour to the sunset. The night breeze was blowing at her face as she was watching how a slim, dark-haired girl was skimming stones on the water.

"I'm sorry" She told under her breath "I'm sorry, Lydia. I admire you but... there's someone who swept me off my feet...someone that I love."

~~about 30 min later~

(y/n) wasn't sure what time was it but she definitely was late. She chose the narrow forest path instead of the main track to get there faster.

"if she's not there, I will go insane" (y/n) told herself as she was struggling through the bushes up the hill.

After a few minutes, she realized that maybe this shortcut wasn't the best idea.

"Shit" she assessed the situation as she admitted to herself that she was lost.

"Those hills are fucking with me and I'm pretty sure that they're not the ones to do so "

Then she felt something. It smelled like smoke but with a grassy note. The girl followed the smell, just to realized that it was coming from a bonfire. From a nearby tent, a fire-red pile of hair was sticking out. (y/n) knew too well who that was.

She glanced at her dress.

"Finally my appearance matches my personality." She said trying to fix the disaster that her dress had become.

When she was (quite) satisfied with her work, she brushed her (hair color) hair and approached the tent.

"Hi, Merida!"

"Who the hell is com-" Merida burst out of the tent but she calmed down when she saw who was calling her.

"Oh it's you, (y/n)! Please come inside."

Merida uncovered the entering cloth to let (y/n) in. The girl sat on a small pillow next to something imitating a table- a wooden box with a silver candle holder and two glasses on it.

(y/n), who was used to rather modest things, felt puzzled seeing the decorations. The floor was covered with two, richly decorated rugs. There were also lots of silver lampstands, colorful candles, a few floral pattern vases and other things which are quite unusual to see in a simple-looking tent.

"Did you rob a castle or something." (y/n) giggled

"Well, it's our first 'date date' so I wanted it to look good."

"So the previous ones weren't dates?"

"I mean...you deserve much more than making out after a party. I want you to feel special." She blushed "Anyway" she filled the glasses with a pink liquid

Seeing (y/n)'s concerned face, she added "Raspberry juice. Today no alcohol."

"That's probably the best option."

"Listen" Merida grabbed (y/n)'s hand "I'm more of a 'speak first, regret later' type. That's why I hurt many people in the past and I didn't want you to be the next one."

"That's why you were avoiding me for so long, right?"

"Yeah...also collecting the pieces of decoration took me like a day or so..." She shook her head to focus "I was thinking about so many ways that I could tell you this, (y/n). Every one of them seemed lame, haha. So I'd chosen my favorite lame way."

Looking into the girl's eyes, she said "I always thought that falling in love would mean that I won't be free anymore, that it'll be a sad moment. But I've never felt so happy than after I met you! The fact that you are here, that I see your smile every day, it gives me this strange feeling, it strengthens me. If I am a nymph to you, then you are the goodness to me. I love you, (y/n). please stay with me!"

(y/n) was in shock. She dreamed about a moment like this but it was way more than she expected.

"You really left me speechless." (y/n) admitted "I-I love you too and...I'd be so happy to be with you."

"For good and for bad. I'm gonna stay with you. It's a promise."

(y/n) saw a tear in Merida's eye. It didn't surprise her, she was also close to crying. It was a very emotional moment.

"I've.."Merida quickly wiped the tear "I've got a gift for you"

She reached for a leather pouch and took something out.

"One day I found it in the river, near the place where we first met. Whenever I look at it, I remember you."

She put a leather bracelet with red crystals on (y/n) wrist.

"Oh, It looks beautiful!" Without thinking, she kissed Merida on the cheek. "Thank you." she added more shyly.

"Everything for you...my love." She replied with a massive blush "Now, a little surprise." She started doing something with a cover of the tent "You're probably curious why I made you climb up here. Well, because after I first saw the sunset from this hill, I kind of believed in magic, you know."

She uncovered the cloth and a bright light blinded (y/n). When she got used to the light, she opened her eyes just to see probably one of the most amazing views she's been ever able to witness. She knew that Highlands' sunsets were beautiful, but not to that point!

She put her head on Merida's shoulder and admire the view.

"It's my second favorite thing at Highlands." she said after a while

"What in the world can be better than this?!"

(y/n) put her hand on Merida's cheek "You are." She leaned in and softly kissed the red-haired girl. Straight away the girl kissed her back with much more passion and strength. (y/n) let out a silent moan and dipped her finger into the fire-red waterfall of silky hair.

"No, but seriously" Merida couldn't control her laughter "You've no idea how hard was to bring all those things up the damn hill. Also, I kinda may have some problems for taking them without permission. So if you ever see some guard, just ya know...run."

"You're unbelievable." (y/n) smirked

"Oh I see you have a very nice dress."

"Thank you. I'm glad you FINALLY noticed."

"It looks quite uncomfortable, tho." She smiled playfully

" I know that look too well." (y/n) sighed

"Shall I help you to free yourself from it?"

"Actually, yes with pleasure." 
^^^

Hi everyone and thank you very much for reading!
1)To be honest, I was planning to put the dialogue with Lydia in this chapter but I kind of wanted to think about it deeper. I mean, she doesn't deserve to be left heartbroken and the character is not a total jerk. It's a really interesting thing for me and I want to write that scene properly. 

So if you'd like to share with me, what are your thoughts about this kind of situations or maybe what would you do, please DM me or leave a comment. It'll be super helpful :-)

2)If you ever wanted to DM me to talk about... honestly anything, then feel free to do it. Fandom stuff, your bad/good/amazing day, writing tips for me...anything.

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!