He Hated Me That Much...It Left A Scar?

Chapter 23

Mason's P.O.V.

Thunder crashed, jolting me awake. Sitting up, and shivering from the cool air hitting my bare chest I pulled the blanket up around me. I turned to look at the clock.

It's 3:30am and the storm is still going strong. I turned and look down to see Caleb sound asleep on the pull out bed we're sharing.

I decided to lay back down.

"How I am going to get back to sleep with all this racket from the storm. Sheesh."

I said thinking to myself. I put my thoughts on pause. You know when I stop, and stay completely still because you think you heard something? I thought I heard someone crying.

Sitting back up to peer over towards the bed, squinting my eyes to see in the darkly lit room. All I can make out is Haley curled up in a ball with her back to me. Bright lightening flashed followed by the booming thunder. I decided to get up and investigate.

I sort of swayed side to side, attempting to stay vertical with the strobe light show coming through the small ground level windows.

I reached the side of Haley's bed and sure enough, it was her crying. I could see her eyes were open and tears streaked her face.

I bent down, "Hey, Hales, shhhh. It's okay." I cooed as I wrapped my arms around her bridal style.

She chocked out a sob, "No, no, no." She cried weakly, squirming around, trying to push away and escape my arms. Stronger than her, I kept my arms around her, "Shh, shh, shh." I said softly, gently scooting her over to lay on my side next to her. She began crying harder. With one arm under her head and the other around her waist I carefully rocked her back and forth.

"Shhh. It's okay, Hales, it's okay. Everything's going to be alright." I whisper on her ear. She turned her head into my chest. I felt her wet tears on my skin and I felt so bad. She was one of my best friends and I didn't like seeing her this upset.

I held her for how long I don't know. Her crying had quieted down and I was pretty sure she was finally asleep when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked to see Caleb standing there with a sympathetic expression on his face.

"She alright?" He asked softly, kneeling down next to the bed.

I shrugged, "I think she's finally asleep though."

He nodded his head thoughtfully before patting my shoulder, "We need to get ready to leave." He said as stood back up.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Caleb walked away, picking up some clothes off the floor.

"We're going to Lissra."

"Lissra?!" I exclaimed half confused. "How are we going to get there?"

"The portal opens after every storm. The people in this town harness and store the storms energy so there's enough power to open it."

"When will we go?"

"I'm not sure. But soon."

I looked down at Haley, "What about her?" I asked looking back to him.

Caleb's eyes landed on Haley, "Let her sleep for now." He said as he went back to shoving clothes in a suitcase. "She needs it. And with where we're going, we're all going to need it."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

He sighed, "We're going home, my home. To see my parents."

"Your home? That means..."

"Yes," Caleb cut me off, "that means we're all going to see The Majesties."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dun, dun, dun!!

I'm SSSOOOOOO sorry it's been years since I've uploaded! I started & finished my first year of college!! Then I worked all summer & now I'm back at school, so I've been

BU-SY!!!

Thanks to all who kept the comments coming and sending me messages asking for an update.

Let's me know you guys like it :):):)

I know this chapter was really short and not all that interesting but I'm workin' on it, kay y'all? ;)

Peace & love!

-HannahNoel