Doughnuts and Criminology

Start from the beginning

It was late as you walked back to Hitoshi's place. You were excited to see it. He had been to your place multiple times, but this was the first time visiting his place. Part of the way there he yelled "THEY'RE COMING TO GET YOU BARBARAAAA!!!" Then chased you down the street making zombie noises. You could barely run because of how hard you were laughing. He caught you and tickled you mercilessly before getting you to hop on his back for a piggy back ride.
"I can't wait to meet Cat." You said looking around the street and enjoying the warmed of Hitoshi's body.
"Yeah he's a bit of an asshole, but sweet when he wants to be."
"Like cat like owner." You teased.
Hitoshi laughed. "You got me there."
You made your way down the street until you reached Hitoshi's apartment. He set you down and got out his keys. A wave of nervous energy washed over him. He fantasized on how this night would go, but it was going better than he ever could've imagined. "Don't fuck it up Hitoshi."
He unlocked the door and you went inside. You took off your shoes and looked around at the cozy apartment. It was warm and inviting with overflowing bookshelves, tons of pillows, and the wall full of black and white photographs.
"Wow, you're place is great." You said making your way to the living room. You heard a meow and looked over to see Cat greeting you both on the coffee table. "Hey bud." Hitoshi scratched Cat's chin.
"Would like some wine?" Hitoshi asked.
"That'd be great. Thanks."
Hitoshi went into the kitchen, leaving you alone in the living room. You gave Cat some pets then went over to his bookshelf and noticed something familiar.
Hitoshi came back into the living room with two glasses of red wine and saw you looking through an tattered book. "What cha got there?" He asked walking over.
You choked up a bit looking through the book. It was an old criminology book you had given him after the sports festival. Tucked between the pages were dozens of notes you had written to each other. "Wow, I cant believe you kept this." You held back tears best you could. It was so sweet that he had that book after all these years. You read through some of the notes and chuckled at the memories. Towards the back you noticed a sketch. Hitoshi turned pink "Ugh, ha, that's nothing. Just a doodle."
You pulled out the page to see a beautiful sketch of you in your old school uniform. "Oh my god. Did you draw this?" You asked shocked at how amazingly detailed it was.
"Yeah...I...well, when we stopped training together I didn't get to talk to you a lot, but I saw you in the library all the time..." he trailed off watching you stare at the sketch. "It's creepy isn't it?"
"No actually, it's so sweet." You looked up to him as a happy tear escaped.
Hitoshi sighed and set the wine glasses down on the coffee table. "Come here." He said in that low voice that made you weak in the knees. He gently took your hand and sat you down on the couch.
"I feel like I owe you an explanation."
You looked at him utterly confused. "What are you talking about?"
"When we were UA and Aizawa took over my training. I just stopped talking to you and kinda avoided you for a while."
You sighed heavily. That part of your time at UA sucked. You felt like you lost your best friend and you took it pretty hard. "Yeah I remember."
Hitoshi saw the hurt in your eyes and it felt like a punch in the gut.  "The truth is, the date that we went on tonight, I've had that planned since our training sessions UA."
You eyes widened. "Wow, really?" You weren't sure what to make of this information. "Why didn't you ever ask me?"
Hitoshi let out a heavy sigh. "Aizawa."
You quirked your eyebrow.
"I got them months in advance and he saw the tickets I had to the film festival during one of our training sessions. When he asked me why I had two tickets I told him that I had planned to ask you on a date."
You nodded and waited for him to continue.
"That's when he told me that I should avoid any 'distractions' aka you, because I needed to focus all my time and energy into getting into Hero course and my training. He threatened to stop training me if he saw I wasn't taking it seriously. So I threw the tickets away and avoided you."
Hitoshi watched your face for a reaction. To his surprise you smiled.
"Aizawa told me something similar actually."
Hitoshi looked at you shocked. "He what?"
You took a deep breath. "He told me that in order for you to get into the Hero course and achieve your dreams of becoming a pro hero I needed to give you space so you could focus on achieving you goal." You leaned over and cupped his face with your hand. "I knew how important it was to you, so who was I to fight it? And don't get me wrong Hitoshi, it killed me not talking to you. You were my best friend and I missed you so much."
He placed his hand on yours and gently squeezed it. "But if I ever got in the way of you becoming a pro hero I could've never forgiven myself. So when you avoided me, I didn't ask questions and stayed away."
Hitoshi was taken back. You were so selfless and did what you could to help him even if it caused you pain.
"Honestly, I don't think it matters what happened then." You said caressing Hitoshi's cheek.
Hitoshi smiled, knowing exactly what you were thinking since he felt the same way. He picked you up, your legs wrapping around him as he carried you towards his bedroom.
"Because we're together now."

(I hope you're all ready for the smut chapter next)