Old Friends

"Hey, sorry I'm running late. I'll be there in a few minutes."
Shinsou hurried down the street to the restaurant where he was meeting his good friends Izuku Midoriya and Ochaco Uraraka. He had just had a long day at the agency and was sore and tired, but wouldn't dare think of canceling.

"No worries! We just got a table! See you soon!" Midoriya said cheerfully.

"Will do." Shinsou hung up and put his phone back into his pocket. He had grown pretty fond of these monthly dinners. Shinsou and Midoriya used to work at the same agency just out of school and became very good friends during that time. After about a year Shinsou transferred to a different agency, but still had these monthly dinners with Midoriya and his longtime girlfriend Uraraka in order to keep up with one another.
As Shinsou approached the restaurant he spotted the pair through the window and smiled. Midoriya and Uraraka were in their own little world.
"I wonder when he's actually going to purpose."
He finally reached the table and took off his jacket before sitting down.
"Hey guys, sorry I'm late. Some asshole villain got cocky and decided to try to run."

"Did you take him down?" Uraraka asked while punching the air.

"Damn right I did." Shinsou chuckled while holding up his fists to show off his battered knuckles.

"Oh no, that looks pretty bad." Midoriya said full of concern.

Shinsou waved his hand dismissively and smirked "You should see the other guy. This is nothing. Let get some drinks."

About an hour later the three friends were a few drinks in, laughing and eating when Uraraka's phone went off. Shinsou and Midoriya were in the middle of discussing different take down techniques so Uraraka decided it wouldn't be rude to check her messages.

(Y/N): Hey girl! Are you still available to pick me up from the airport tomorrow? I can't wait to see you!!! :D

Uraraka: Yes I am! I can't wait to see you too! Can I call you later to go over details? I would call now but I'm at dinner.

(Y/N): Got a hot date with your man? Tell me you wore that dress I made you buy when you were in town. You'll stop traffic in that thang ;)

Shinsou noticed Uraraka blushing and giggling at her phone.

"What's so funny?" He asked taking a gulp of his beer.

"Oh nothing. (Y/N) is just teasing me."

Shinsou choked on his beer as soon as your name was said. "I didn't know you and (Y/N) were still in touch." He said after composing himself.

"Well we weren't for a while since she moved so far away for that job, but I was in the area visiting some family about a year ago and we happened to run into each other." Uraraka explained while she smiled, obviously fond of the memory. "We get together every time I visit family and text all the time so we've gotten really close over the past year."

Shinsou smiled. It had been a few years since he had talked to (Y/N). You were good friends when you went to UA. He hadn't thought about you in a while which immediately seemed strange to him since there was a time where you were all he could think about.

"How is she doing?" He asked trying to be casual.

"Oh, I thought you guys still talked." Midoriya said before taking a bite of his food.