Chapter 6

Sidney's pov:
We was getting closer and closer and I was getting even more nervous then before. I felt someone touching my hand and I looked down to see Ryder rubbing his thumb on my hand which was actually soothing so I let it be. "Sid I want you to know I won't let you get hurt today okay?" "And how can I believe you?" "Because I don't lie" I laughed "everybody lies" "well you can believe me when I say I'm not everybody and I don't lie" I just looked up and we locked eyes then I shock it away moving my hand and looked out the window. For god sakes Sid this is just a mission love doesn't exist and even if it did it's just a painful reality, I am not Lexi I do not believe in love and never will I ever. We finally got their and we all got out then joey grabbed Lexi's hand and Ryder grabbed mine "yeah uh no I do not hold hands with random strangers so thank you but no thank you" I said getting out of his grip but lex stayed "do you want everyone to attack you?" "Not really" "then this is how it's gonna be" he grabbed my hand. I know I wanted to fight it but it feels somewhat right. We started walking into the massive building and everyone started staring and saying good morning sir to Ryder and joey which made no sense cuz yeah they're in charge but why sir? I whispered into Ryder's ear meaning I had to get on my tippy toes "why do they call you sir?" "A little rule" "a stupid rule" he laughed at me then he saw someone dangerous I guess and his grip on me got tighter then I realised who it was.... my step father.... I looked shock then he started coming over and Ryder whispered in my ear "do you know this guy? He's on the opposite gang to me and your mother he's very dangerous and wants to kill your mother" I looked him in the eyes "he's my step father..." "oh god" I heard him whisper then I looked at lex who was looking at me in terror. My step father was never a good one he would always attack me for everyone else's mistakes then when I turned 14 him and my mother started getting into arguments about me and I think it was something to do with what gang I was going to join because I was the strongest out of our family but I dunno. "My darling daughter come here" he tried to hug me but I pushed him away "don't do that to me" I always knew he wasn't my real father he was just my step dad because my real dad was in a gang already I think I met him once but I'm not sure cuz I think my parents got rid of my memories of him but I remember that this guys was never my real father. "What are you talking about" he said to me shocked "I know who you are and I don't want you in my life" "I see the protection is starting to wear off" I then looked at Ryder "Right okay that's enough here let's go"