epilouge

It seemed as though it was just yesterday that she and Spencer had left the hospital. They'd both decided they needed a large sum of time off from work, as both of them realized that their daughter was growing up without them. So, the two were taking time off, healing, house hunting, planning and packing. Before she knew it they were signing contracts and deeds, purchasing a house of their own. It took them three months to find the house of their dreams, and get it updated and safe for their small family. The day finally came to move in, and both of them were up on their feet, managing their movers while Lucy barked orders of where things were to go as they emptied their two bedroom apartment. Spencer walked in, a sleeping Christine in his arms, swaying back and forth as the last boxes were carried out, leaving them in an empty apartment. Lucy takes a second glancing around. The dent in the hardwood from an overturned coffee table during their first fight, the slight paint inconsistency in one of the walls from fixing a hole in the drywall, and a subtle stain in the carpet from when she kept her fiancé from nearly bleeding out. This place had seen far too many mishaps and not enough milestones. Spencer grabs her hand softly before Lucy looks to him.

"It's time to go. Are you ready?" She takes a final glance before nodding.

"More than ready." Still holding his hand, she picks her purse up off the kitchen counter, before walking with the taller male out of the door.

Their new home was around an hour from Lucy's family, and about twenty minutes from Quantico which was perfect for them. Their previous apartment was nearly 45 minutes from work but closer to Lucielle's aunt and uncle. Considering the two knew that their lives were going to change within the year, they needed a change from the standard apartment. Spencer pulls into the driveway of their new home, Lucy watching the building grow closer. A long driveway distanced the house from the main road, large Red Maples lining the pavement. The car stops behind the moving van parked in the driveway, one of the two garage doors propped open for the movers to begin unloading. The house was an older one, but not nearly as old as they'd originally thought. The house was tucked away in a heavily wooded area, the closest neighbors living at least an acre away. The house itself was rather expansive with four bedrooms, a renovated kitchen, a joint office for the both of them, and a dining room that Spencer and Lucielle agreed to transform into a library, after all, they only owned one table. The basement was outfitted with a bedroom and kitchenette, which allowed Lucy's family to come and live with them during the week to watch over Christine while the two of them were at work. An open family room and kitchen took up much of the space on the first floor, which was the first thing you saw when you entered through the garage door, into the laundry room. Ah, the laundry room, Lucy couldn't wait to do a load of all their articles, and not have to walk up four flights of stairs to put them away. The house was about 27 years old, which was older than Lucy by just a year, but had the beautiful charm the two wished for. When they picked out the house, they weren't sure what they were going to do with four bedrooms, but were certain that having a separate room for their work and their living space was important. Spencer's desk had been in their bedroom in the apartment, which caused so many bruised hips in their midnight trips to collect Chris from a heap of tears. So they'd agreed they'd need more room than they'd originally planned.

Lucy felt so small in the new house, but in the best way possible. There was about an acre of land surrounding their home, a sturdy stone wall surrounding the border, keeping in growing children, and intruders out. It gave the woman such a strong piece of mind, and she herself was surprised they could afford it. Spencer luckily had put away most of the money he made since starting at the BAU at 22, and now at 30 he had a good cushion of support under his feet. However, it meant that their dreams of a wedding in Montana was not plausible. Money on the house and it's renovations had taken a toll on both of their bank accounts, and they weren't sure that they had the money for the wedding they'd wanted. It wasn't until the house was somewhat unpacked that Lucy perked up.

"So... do we start saving up for a honeymoon and just get married in Virginia? I mean it's not ideal but it's what we have." She asks, changing the gauze on her collarbone with Spencer helping her with it.

"I mean, we don't really have any other plan than that do we?" He asks, securing the bandage to her skin gently, Lucy sighing.

"No, I guess not. I just wanted it to be special you know?" She offers, grabbing her toothbrush from her toiletry bag, most of their belongings were still packed up, but the house was rather large so it would definitely take a few days to gather their things into neat piles. She's beginning to brush her teeth as Spencer does the same.

"It's going to be special no matter where we are, darling." He kisses her head before smiling gingerly at her reflection in the mirror. "I promise."