chapter 9

Touch down in Pittsburgh was pretty harsh. It was raining heavily in the suburbs of the city, causing most roadways to flood over and be of zero use. Once arriving inside the airport, Hotch made some calls in order to figure out what they were to do. The group sat in a club box business room, sat around a table as they waited for their unit chief. Spencer chose a seat near the window, attempting to catch any view of the surroundings of the airport through the pelting rain. Turning to face the group, Spencer took a few moments to hone in on certain conversations. JJ was amidst discussion with Morgan, Kate discussing the case with Rossi, only to notice Lucielle was still reading the same material she had on the plane. She'd done about an hour and a half of reading on the flight, and now waiting on Hotchner added at least another 25 minutes of reading. Doing a little thinking, Spencer was able to determine that she was most likely delving into the third or fourth short story in the book now, which made him think. A few weeks back, she'd woken up in a state of panic, only one that could have been induced by a physical trauma. Spencer at the time assumed she'd had a nightmare about the case in Miami that had occurred the previous year. Which he was correct in, considering since then, Lucielle had detached herself from all sexual forms of contact, which Reid understood. But now, he was beginning to worry as she sat across the room. A sweater was pulled tightly around her shoulders, despite it being at least 74° in the conference room, her movement of playing with a few strands of hair, and her constant re-adjustments in her seat. Thanks to a few spare physiology books of hers, Spencer had been able to read up on body language, and it was evident that Lucielle was uncomfortable at that moment. Standing up, he moved to his fiancée's side, and crouched down.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" His voice was quiet, much more than normal, but it was enough to gently ease the woman from her activities. With a nod, Lucy stood, following the male outside of the room, Reid shutting the door so their co-workers couldn't hear their discussion.

"What's up?" The brunette had pocketed her hands into her sweater, trying to give a 'relaxed' position. Spencer then pointed to the door.

"I don't want you reading that book." He stated, only for his hand to drop to his side. A look of confusion washed over Lucy.

"Why not? I'm a 25 year old woman, Spencer. I think I can handle it." She snickered slightly, the male's attitude not changing. "Seriously?" She asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Yes, seriously. You woke up a few weeks ago because of that nightmare, you and I haven't necessarily reached the type of activity you're reading about for a few nights now, so there's one sign of emotional stress." Spencer began to continue as Lucielle sighed.

"I'm fine, Spence." She looked at the male, who clearly didn't believe her words.

"It's about 74 degrees in that room and you're wearing a sweater, so that shows me that you're anxious, and need pressure on your body to keep you calm. You're playing with your hair which you do whenever we're struggling to wrap up a case, and on top of that you keep shifting your body weight, as though you need to be prepared to escape immediate danger. You are in no mental condition to be reading this stuff, Lu." Spencer continued, only for the woman to snap back at the male.

"You need to stop profiling me. Because I am not some sex craved serial killer." And with that, she made her way back into the room, Spencer sighing. He followed her back in, only to take his Kindle back as Hotch entered the room. Lucy sent a glare to the male only for him to text her.

"You're not helping your case here. Short tempers and inability to control emotions is another sign."

After reading his message Lucy put her phone away, completely ignoring the male as Aaron explained.