chapter 10

Lucielle and Spencer arrived home quite quickly, the two of them letting their bags fall to the floor as soon as they crossed the threshold. Spencer moved to the bedroom, Lucy reaching out to him, only to retreat her hand. Crossing her arms, she moved to the couch, tilting her head at the book on the coffee table. Reluctantly, she picked up the book, only to find it filled with photos from Reid's childhood. How she'd never seen this was beyond her, but she was certain her aunt had something to do with it. Moving through it, she saw a relatively happy baby, and eventually a growing brainiac, constantly reading, or playing board games. A content smile fell to her lips, turning to the page to find it blank. The smile faded, causing her to continue to look throughout the unfinished book.

"She got sick." A voice enters the quiet room, causing Lucielle to jolt. Spencer stood in the doorway of the bedroom, slowly shuffling across the floor to the couch, sitting next to her. "She eventually got so wrapped up with her paranoia that she forgot that she was even documenting my life." He explains, taking the scrapbook and setting it back on the coffee table. Looking at her, he opened his arms, causing the woman to imeadietly fall into them. "I'm not mad at you. I simply want the best for you, and want to protect you. But you make that kind of hard sometimes with your hard-headed personality." His words cause her to giggle slightly as the two cuddled closer. The sun was setting, causing the last waking hours of sunlight to fill the windows, the couple watching the spectrum change from yellow, to orange, eventually showing the full range of colors. The room was comfortably quiet, and Lucielle couldn't help but feel immensely protected in the place she was. Her head turns to look at the male she was against, waiting for him to return her gaze to speak.

"I really do love you." She whispers, Spencer chuckling before kissing her forehead, a hand resting on the back of her head.

"I love you too, Luce."

After calling in an order of Chinese food, the two sat on the floor, the original version of Clue sprawled on the coffee table. Spencer was playing as Colonel Mustard, Lucielle as Miss Scarlett. They were on their forth round, causing them both to take the game a little less seriously.

"You know, judging by the evidence I have this puts Professor Plum between a rock and a hard place." Lucielle comments as Spencer moved his game piece.

"Just like you and Hotch." He mutters. This causes the young woman to look at him. Was he still upset about this? Dropping her cards she looked at him.

"Why does this bother you so much?" She asks impatiently. Looking at his cards, Spencer doesn't respond, only beginning to recite his suggestion.

"It was Mrs. White in the ballroom with the revolver." He mumbles, moving to open the mini Manila envelope. Pulling out the playing cards, he set down the three cards, which matched his guess, before standing up.

"Spencer." Lucielle tries again, watching as he moved to pick up his satchel, and towards his desk. He sat down without a word, causing her to stand, moving to the desk. "Answer me." She firmly demands, the doctor moving to look at her, turning in his chair.

"Why? You never listen to me anyway. Had you done as I told you, and not read that damn book, we would be in Pittsburgh still, saving people." Lucy frowns shaking her head.

"You seriously can't stop thinking about work, can you? It's always 'work' or 'I've been thinking about the profile'. It's all business with you. I swear you only treat me like a co-worker sometimes, Spencer." She mutters, shaking her head as she moved to grab her bag. "And you want me to be your wife."

"Where are you going?" He snarls, watching her pull on her sweatshirt.

"To get my daughter. I'll be back in the morning. 'Cause clearly you need some space from the selfish person you live with." Lucy snaps back at him before disappearing with a slam of the door.