chapter 13

Lucy was swift to return to the FBI Headquarters, moving to her desk, and re-organizing herself. Since she didn't have her badge or her handgun, she was no use for the case until Hotchner returned, however she could use an update. So she grabbed her belongings, making her way to the tech analyst's office. She opens the door slowly, hearing the blonde on the phone with someone.

"Well sweet cheeks I'll tell you this, the girl's a fighter. I'm sure that she'll spring back once she returns." Garcia speaks as she types, relaying information she had found before hanging up.

"What was that about?" Lucielle asks, causing Garcia to jump in her seat. She turns her chair around to face the younger woman, chuckling a little.

"You really should knock." She laughs before pointing at her screen. "But that was ugh, information for Morgan, er, pertaining to the... you know." The blonde stutters before Lucy's phone chimes.

"I understand hon. Give me an update?" She looks at the number, hitting the decline button to send it to voicemail. Penelope points the pen in the other's direction.

"You're not going to answer that?" She quips, only for Lucy to sigh.

"I just got back to the office. If anyone needs to reach me, they can use my office phone." She notes, leaning onto the desk as she looks at the information.

"Ok, well the flowers were the first thing I looked into. And it turns out that they came from a 'Hank Tucker' in Miami, Florida. Now, I did I search through the Miami records, and it turns out this Hank, is an ex-con. He was released three months ago. He used the money he received when he left the site to get him to his apartment where he then got his belongings of his wife, and kicked her out of their apartment." Garcia's words slowly got louder the more excited she got. "So after that, he cleaned up the place, got a landline phone from his wife's credit card and has made twenty-eight calls since his release to the same number. Now the number is a disposable phone, so I have no idea who he's been calling, but I have reason to suspect that he's involved."

"Let me guess. He was inmates with Russell." Lucy nearly groaned before Garcia made a click noise with her tongue. Before she could continue, the taller woman's phone rang once more.

"Okay, for the love of god, please pick that up. Clearly this person wants to talk to you." Penelope turning to look at Lucielle, only for her to do so, answering it clearly.

"Kindling." She spat her last name at the person on the other side of the phone, clearly annoyed.

"Well I don't recognize that last name. Are you sure this is the number of Dr. Lucielle Andrews?" The voice was spine chillingly familiar, and Lucy stood upright at it. She pats Garcia's shoulder, pointing to her phone.

"I don't know who that is. And I don't know who you are." She doesn't let her voice quiver, knowing that it would give him the benefit over her.

"Oh c'mon Lucy. I know that you're more than familiar with who this is. And I've got to say, I'm still waiting on the thank you for the flowers I sent you." Garcia was quick to get the call traced, recording the entire thing for their use. "But I'll let it go. I saw that your fiancé met my henchmen the other night. I hope the damages weren't too extensive." He snickers before Lucy lets out a bit of anger.

"Russell what do you want." She gripes, only for him to gasp.

"Oh look at that! You knew exactly who it was. I'm glad you asked, pretty, especially since I have a few minutes before the guards realize I have a phone, and my time with you is up. So I'll make it quick." He takes a deep breath before continuing. "Your jackass of a boyfriend locked me up for the next twenty five years of my life, only for it to end in death row two weeks after my parole trial. I've got two days before I am given the hook. And I have planned for months to make the next two days a sheer living hell for you. I know you've got no badge or gun. A lifeless spouse, and family raising that itty-bitty baby for you. And I plan on getting to all of them. In fact: maybe I already have." Some rustling in the background causes the male to speed his speech up. "I've got to get going sweetcheeks. But it was so nice to talk to you one last time. I'll be sure to have you on my mind when I drift off." With that the phone line died, and Lucy was left in sheer terror.