━ chapter ii

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

──── ❝ chapter ii ❞ ────

❝ always up for your parties ❞

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

          THE FLIGHT'S LANDING WAS SMOOTH as per usual, but I always forget how off-putting it is to be when you step off a plane after a while. It's that lousy feeling; the one where you feel like your body should be moving faster than normal or even the one where your body knows that it's six hours ahead of where it normally should be. It's enough to make me feel a tad sick when I return back to solid ground.

          I spot my driver at the front of the private hanger with the black Bugatti parked behind him. Well, I suppose it isn't entirely private. A good portion of Singapore's elite use this same hanger as well. 

          "Ms. Young," He nods to which I respond back in a similar manner.

          Before I could get too close, the back door swung open. Out stepped- or rather sprinted- a long, black-haired girl with the softest of features upon her highly feminine face(with the exception of her eyes which were hidden behind cat-eye-rimmed sunglasses) clad in a bright yellow sundress with gold embellishments and every other accessory imaginable. She squealed my name at the top of her lungs as she waddled over as best she could in her high heels.

          "Ava!" I shouted with the same energy as she.

          I dropped my carry-on- the driver rushed over to retrieve it shortly after- and hustled over to meet her half-way. Ava threw her arms around my neck in a long hug, one that obviously could show that she and I haven't been in proper contact for months. Her arms still felt as comforting as they did the last time we saw her, and she was still very much her same old self; I could tell by the mixture of vodka and the scent of the perfume her father brings back from Hong Kong every time he visits on one of his "business trips," that was left on her dress.

          "Oh, God! Di, I missed you so, so much!" She half-sobbed out of joy, pulling away from me.

          "I missed you too, Av! What are you doing here?" I questioned.

          "I just thought it'd be a nice surprise to welcome my best friend back home after a long flight! So, how have things been?"

           "Ugh, good God, you would not believe how incredibly boring England is right now," Half-true. "I mean, I can't do a single thing there, its always raining so damn much!"

          "Especially boarding school, I can imagine!" Ava scoffed as she slid back into the car. "Well, let me tell you that Singapore has not been the same since your parents shipped you off. All of my parties have been so drab without you to hold back my hair. Not to mention that Crystal Tan has been spouting shit."