━ gold

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

──── ❝ summary ❞ ────

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

          DIANA YOUNG was tired of it all. You know, you'd think living with the last name of Young in Singapore would be a life of luxury. Tickets to any concert you want, all of the best designer clothes and authentic jewelry, all of the latest technological developments, and practically having the entire world around your finger. Yeah, it seems like it'd be amazing to be tied to the richest, most envied family in all of Singapore (and other various parts of Asia that their family had reign over.)

          But the truth is that it all sucks! Really. Diana has to put up with constant media attention every single time she steps foot out of her school's campus, penny-pinchers making a move on her just to get even a glimpse of that family fortune, and, worst of all, the pressure of having to live up to the likes of her older brother, Nick.

          Ah, Nicholas Young. Not only is he their Ah Ma's favorite grandchild, but he's also set it inherit everything their family's company- sorry, empire- has built since the 1800's. That wasn't what pissed Diana off, though. No, it was well known to every cousin in their little messed up family knew that their fortune would fall into Nick's capable hands. What made her mad was the fact that literally everything in her life was about him, down to the very clothes she wore.

          Nick attended the same English boarding school that Diana was currently attending, and, to say the least, the staff there set her to standards higher than her school tuition. From birth everything had been dictated by her family's wishes, so having an entire school trying to mold her into her brother's image didn't exactly help.

          Thankfully, that's only at school... Because home is so much worse.

          Needless to say, Diana's a tad perturbed to be heading back home for old family friends', Colin Khoo and Araminta Lee's wedding. Weeks of exposure to her overly toxic family will be great for her complexion. Oh, and turns out that Nick's also bringing his American, low-class girlfriend. Yeah, like that won't be a total disaster.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

───── ❝ cast ❞ ─────

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

lana condoras diana young❝the gilded rose❞

lana condor
as diana young
❝the gilded rose❞

additional cast | charles melton
as asher kim | piper curda as
avaline kim | ashley liao as
crystal tan | crazy rich asians
cast as their respective characters

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

───── ❝ playlist ❞ ─────

❝ all that glitters is gold ❞

diana | bon iver, mxmtoon |
dreamy night, lily ki | times
are hard for dreamers, phillipa
soo | cough syrup, darren criss |
slow dancing in the dark, joji | 
feelings, hayley kiyoko | me and
my husband, mitski | clarity, sam
tsui | boyish, japanese breakfast |
tenderness, jay som | young

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛