Chapter XIII - Night Fright

Start from the beginning

'KING DICE, LET HER GO NOW!' He demanded, tightening the grip on his hands and staring at King Dice dead in the eyes with a look engulfed with rage. An overwhelming feeling of hatred surrounded this place, convulsing with negativity from corner to corner that took over this casino in a matter of seconds.

'Or what, Cupface?' King Dice challenged him; his voice towering over my head as he unexpectedly pulled me in towards him, wrapping his arm around my abdomen and keeping a tough grip on me. At this point, my arms were trapped by my side, struggling with all my might as I tried to release myself but failing to do so over his strength. 'What're you gonna do?'

Cuphead, fuelled with rage, took a step backwards and held his right arm up, pointing his index finger in our direction, with his left hand supporting it underneath. His stance was strong, filled with anger, as the very tip of his finger began to glow a light blue flame that grew heavier and heavier with colour every second that passed.

BOOM!

Before I could process what just happened, the whole room shook as a sudden blue burst fired in our direction, barely scrapping the side of King Dice. The atomic sound that carried out with it stopped my heart for a second, paralysing my body from head to toe. A loud scream had erupted from my mouth that seemed to echo through these walls as the building began to relax and stand still once again. As I just noticed what went on, my eyes instantly darted towards Cuphead, millions of questions racing through my mind. At this point, I was in a state of shock and couldn't believe my own eyes. Still, I knew I'd be safer over with him right now than be stuck in King Dice's tight embrace.

'Now what was that for?' The man behind me questioned with a perverse tone. 'Look what you've done, Cupboy. You scared you're precious little doll.' My head jerked up instantly to face him when he bellowed that comment with pride. Feeling my face heat up and my blood boil, I began to get very irritated with this man. But still, there was nothing I could do; I was still in his grasp and I couldn't free my hands so there was no way I was able to break out of this problem.

Unless... I could use my feet...

'Honestly, boy, you really need to think before you act. I mean, what's in that head of yours anyway? Definitely not a brain. Why, I bet you don't even know what a brain is, do you?' Hearing the judgemental insults malicious chuckles come from above me, I knew this was my chance to get him back. Lifting my left foot up as high as I could, I carried all my strength into that leg before pulling it down as fast as gravity would allow, slamming my heel as hard as I could on the end of King Dice's purple shoe. A painful grunt was then followed as he instantly removed his arms from my grasp to pick up his foot in agony. Without hesitation, I broke away from my position and began to sprint as fast as I could away from him and towards Cuphead. Feeling a short sense of relief, I continued running forward until I met up with Cuphead, where he quickly grabbed my arm and ran by my side, running through the casino's doors and sprinting as fast as we could until we were far away from the luminous building.

It felt like hours had passed since we had escaped from the Casino. We had run into a clearing in the forest of Isle I until we couldn't run anymore. Our legs had carried us for miles to where we are now and we both collapsed by the side of an old wooden tree stump, trying desperately to catch our breath. Leaning my back against the dead tree stump, I raised my head up and stared right into the night sky, trying to regain my energy that I had lost from running for so long. Looking over to my right, I noticed Cuphead trying to relax himself whilst puffing for air like a mad-man. Eventually, we both managed to catch our breath again and calm down a little. After a few silent seconds, Cuphead turned his head towards me, a worrisome expression resting on his face, as he grabbed my hand gently and held it down on the ground in his.

'Are you alright?' He asked, concern filling his tone.

'Yeah, I think so.' I replied, letting out a deep sigh from within my chest. Before I got the chance to rethink everything that just happened, I heard the ground shift by my side as Cuphead readjusted himself to sit right next to me, our bodies touching on either side. Still holding my hand in his, He raised it up and brought it in front of his face.

'Doll, I am so sorry for that. Are you sure you're alright.' He questioned, a hint of fear gleaming in his eyes.

'Yes, just a little shaken up by what just happened, but I'm fine.' I replied, giving him a friendly smile. 'What about you? Are you alright?'

'As long as you're here with me, I'll always be alright.' He purred before raising my hand in front of his face and planting a warm, gentle kiss on the back of my palm. The feeling spread through my body in a sudden heat rush and If I wasn't feeling so damn exhausted, I probably would have squealed a little. I could instantly feel my face heat up as quick as a hummingbird's wings, leaving me feel, once again, paralysed by Cuphead's loving aura. Letting out a little yawn, I rested my head back on the tree stump again and proceeded to close my eyes, slouching my body down a little. I could hear some rustling come from beside me as I felt Cuphead shift into a sleeping position as well. Once the sounds had stopped, I decided to rest my head on him body like a pillow and relax completely, letting my mind wander off into dreamland.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Author's Note:

OVER 1k READS!!! YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT, THIS STORY HAS BEEN READ 1K TIMES BY YOU LOVELY FOLKS!

Honestly, I can't thank you all enough for that. That is blowing my mind! And with this story still to continue, hopefully the curiosity and satisfaction will come with every new chapter I publish.

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Hope you all have a fantastic 2019 that's better than all the other years before!

Well, that's all for now, folks! Until next time...