We fell in love in October

What am I doing?

The thought was making rounds in Rayla's head, an endless loop forever on repeat. It was dark, dark because she had sprinted out of her house almost walking Runaan at midnight and also because the streetlights hadn't turned on yet. The only thing illuminating the path in front of her being the big and bright full moon way up there in the sky, towering above her. It was chilly, the absence of the sun really did make such a big difference during the fall months. Not to mention there was a pretty strong breeze, Rayla regretted not bringing a warmer sweater. She didn't actually think her actions trough in fact; it was a completely spur of the moment choice she made. She knew where she wanted to go and where her feet were taking her, she just didn't know exactly why she had leaped out of her warm and comfortable bed to take  care of her 'unfinished business'. The girl didnt even know what she would do when she got to her destination, well nothing that wouldn't wake everyone in that house. She picked up her pace, taking long strides as if she was rushing to get to the bus in time.

What the fuck am I doing?

Rayla knew exactly what she was doing, even is she continuously kept asking herself and looking for an answer. She was completely aware of what she was doing. She fished her phone out of her pocket, she's almost forgotten it in the process of leaving, but somehow remembered it. Checking the time; 12:37am. It was late, but during the few weeks she'd known Claudia she had learned that she was a nightowl. Rayla was standing on the front lawn of the big white Victorian era style house for the second time in just a few hours. She for a slight second contemplated leaving, ultimately deciding against it because she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep unless she went trough with what she was doing. With her phone in her hand she thought about sending a text, but was that such a good idea? She could see the window to Claudia's room from where she was outside, and the lights weren't on— indicating that Claudia was most likely sleeping. Determined to not give up yet she looked up at the area around the second story window for a place where she could possibly climb up. A plan that to her dismay; didn't bear any fruit, but on the bright side! While she was scanning the area around the the window (as best as she could in the darkness, with the only light sources being the pale moonlight and a streetlight that was just far enough away to help her inspect) she noticed a gap— the window was open! It wasn't a big gap, it was just big enough to let some of the chilly air form outside in. A light bulb went off in her head immediately, it wasn't a perfect idea in any shape or form, but! It could help make sure Claudia was awake or wake her. Though Rayla felt a little rude waking her at such a time.

"Claudia!" She whisper yelled whilst looking up at the window, she had stepped closer with the tiniest amount of hope that that would help. "Claudia!" She said again in the same tone and loudness, but this time cupping her hands around her mouth to amplify the sound of her voice ever so slightly. "Claudia!" For the third time, and this time louder than the first two times. She drew a quick breath praying that she wasn't being too loud. As she blinked, she could've sworn she was a silhouette darting past the window. She grinned to herself and got her phone again from her pocket rapidly opening the messages app.

To Claudia, 1:03am
< I know you're awake Claudia, come out, please? >
< I wanna talk >
< Oh, and bring a jacket, it's cold >

About a minute later the creak of the front door was heard, it startled Rayla a bit."Hey" he heard and turned toward the door, the sleepiness in the voice could be heard very clearly, yet it was such a soft and gentle tone and Rayla loved it. The silence between them broke, Claudia had stepped off the porch and she was closer to her now. "So why are you here?" Even in the darkness Rayla could clearly see the smirk on the other girls' face. "Couldn't sleep" she shrugged nonchalantly "I get it! If you can't sleep I'm not allowed to either, right?" she laughed, Rayla joined. "My walk just happened to lead me here, that's all!" She protested so the girl wouldn't tease her, Rayla didn't know if she would be able to handle it. "Uh Yeah right!" Claudia with a teasing tone, they sounded like Callum and Soren in the car the first day they had met. Claudia started to walk off the property, Rayla followed suit letting the other girl lead the way. Claudia stopped in her tracks turning around to face Rayla. When Rayla was close enough to her she started to do the thing where she tapped the tip of her own nose and then Rayla's, as weird as ever, one of the many things Rayla had come to love about Claudia. "I know where we should go!" She said loudly, a big smile on her face. In a quick movement she grabbed a hold of Rayla's hand, dragging her after herself as they rounded a corner