Chapter 42 / More Than A Friend

A/N: Hello readers, Happy Holidays from the characters and myself! We appreciate you so much for staying on this long journey of a book. Rest assured though, there will be another update after the New Year comes. Start creating your resolutions for next year because it's coming sooner than expected. Don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word of the Day:

Novaturient (adj.): Desiring or seeking powerful change in one's life, behavior, or situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 42 / Blake's P.O.V

After tackling Olive to the ground we both slowly sat up in our place, people were peeking through the broken glass. She waved them away while she covered her eyes so they wouldn't see her. Soon they dismissed themselves and she let out a slight laugh and I started to laugh as well a little bit but her laughter soon turned deranged. I looked at her with confusion while she put her head down poking at my chest.

"You're funny!" She laughed but I was just confused as ever, what did I ever do to make her laugh? "You think," She continued to laugh while trying to say a sentence, "You think that you can just waltz back into my life and act like everything is okay!"

"No, I didn't just walk back in thinking that everything would be okay. I know part of me messed up, actually, it wasn't me at all that messed up!" I raised my voice. I started to feel acrimonious but I should've known that she was going to think this way. She only portrays me that I let her down by leaving her when I didn't show up to court but she didn't know the whole story. I started to take deep breaths to calm myself down so I wouldn't snap at her but right now she was just too fragile.

"Then who's fault was it? Because I'm sure as hell am not going to believe anything that you have to say to me!" She looked up with tears in her eyes, frustrated tears.

I picked her up off the ground by giving her a hand and sat her down in a chair and I sat next to her but my body facing hers. She wore a white blouse with light blue jeans and black boots, she looked beautiful today but I felt like if I commented upon it she would just brush me off. I pulled myself together and just gave her an intent stare about to start the story.

"You got five minutes," She mumbled cutting into my thoughts.

I nodded and began to speak a little fast, "The day that I was supposed to come over and sleep over at your place until the court date my father came back into town. I was kidnapped by my own father along with Brianna and had the shit beaten out of us . . . We were in an unfamiliar area but along with that Johnathan and his father was in on this as well with my father. Apparently, they are running a drug business outside of the country and sends it worldwide, he's probably one of the biggest dealers I've ever encountered. He made me do his dirty work for him, not the dealing part but behind the scenes where I did the papers and tracked where everything was going. If I didn't comply with his demands I would have been beaten again . . . Except I complied to everything because he promised me that if I do his commands he wouldn't hurt my mother, Brianna and . . . You."

She looked at me but not with wide eyes or any shock she was scanning me and probably wondering if I'm telling the truth.

"So why are you back here in New York? Did you escape?" She asked.

"Well, my father court date is coming up to make sure everything is going well since he's been out. Except when I was doing his work I was also taking photos for evidence that he was still a bad man who was still using and starting a business. He found me depressed and decided to bring me to New York with him and say hello to my mother and then be on our way back to work." I rolled my eyes, "Little did he know that I showed the photos to the parole officer and they recently detained him, I'm free." I breathed out with a smile.