Chapter 1

Peridot's POV:

I haven't been able to stop thinking about Amethyst ever since she asked me to "hang out". Still trying to get a grasp on all of these Earth terms, but I am starting to get the hang of it. Life at the barn has been pretty normal except for the fact that Lapis has been starting to... distancing herself  from me. I don't think that I have done anything wrong... I might have... I don't know anymore. 

Lapis had gone out of the barn to go get some fresh air. I looked up from my tablet and I saw Lapis walk back in. I jumped out of my chair, with my tablet in my hand, and quickly rushed over to her. "LAPIS!" I said, going in front of her. 

"Hey, Peridot..." Lapis didn't even look at me and she seemed upset. 

Did I do something wrong to her? I don't think I did. "Lapis? Did I do something to upset you? Can you please talk to-"

"Just.. Be quiet, okay? I don't want to talk to you right now." She didn't have to look at me, but I could tell she was crying.

"L-Lapis... I..." I felt like was going to start crying as well. I just decided that it would be better if I just left her alone. I went back to my chair and pulled my knees to my face. 

After staying in that position for a while, I felt a vibration come from my tablet. I turn it on to see what it was and it was a message from Amethyst. 

Amethyst: Hey, P-dot. I'm here waiting outside of the barn. Let's go!

That's right! Amethyst and I were supposed to have another "hang out" session. I can't remember if she said we were going to go to a movie or if we were going to go to the arcade again. I rushed up out of my spot and wiped the few tears that were on my face so that Amethyst wouldn't be so concerned. 

I guess Amethyst is magical or some crap because as soon as I walked out, she automatically knew something was up with me when I hadn't even said anything to her about anything yet. 

Amethyst put a worried look on her face and walked towards me. "Peri, something is up with you. Come on. You can talk to me you know."

How did she figure me out? "N-Nothing is wrong, Amethyst... Anyways, where are we going to go for this "hang out" thing that you speak of?" I quickly tried to play this off. If I didn't, I knew Amethyst wouldn't stop bothering me about it the whole entire time. 

I could hear her sigh and mumble something under her breath. Obviously, I couldn't tell what it was because like I said, I couldn't hear her.  "Hey, Amethyst?"

She turned her head towards me. "Yeah? What's up?"

"Uh... Nevermind. Let's just go to whatever location we are going to go to tonight."

After I said that, we began walking to some place that I had no idea was. I did start to know that Amethyst was getting closer to me and her hand brushed against my own. When that happened, I could feel my face begin to heat up a bit. Eventually she ended up grabbing my hand and our fingers were intertwined.

"A-Amethyst? What are you doing?" I said as I turned my head with my face clearly showing that I was embarrassed. 

Amethyst laughed a little and shrugged. "I don't know. What do you think I'm doing?"

I didn't know how to respond. "Um, I have no clue. Is this another Earth thing I should take notes on?"

"I guess you can. This is what people do when they like someone. "Liking" can mean multiple things. It can mean that two people are just friends or it could mean something else a bit more romantic." 

"Oh, that sounds familiar. You said something about this "romance" thing last time that we were talking."

All of the sudden, Amethyst just stopped. "Amethyst? Are you okay?" 

Before I could think of anything else to say or do, she put her lips onto mine. When she pulled away from me, she looked at me and she had tears in her eyes. 

"I'm sorry, Peridot... I couldn't help it. I had to..." 

I just stood there as if I was frozen solid. "I-It's okay... It was just... very sudden..."

Amethyst began walking away, but I went after her. "Amethyst! Where are you going?" I said as I began to go after her.

"No, I'm not... I fucked up okay?"

"N-No you didn't. I didn't not like it..?" I had to think of what I was saying as I was saying it.

Amethyst turned around and ran back towards me, giving me one of the tightest hugs I have ever felt. It was way tighter than a hug that Steven has ever given to me. 

"H-Hey, Amethyst? Could you please let me go? I can't breathe..." 

Once she let go, we continued going to the place we were going to hang out. She told me to close my eyes. I was a little hesitant at first, but I did it anyway because she said that I could trust her. That was probably a big mistake on my part because for some reason we ended up at the Temple.

"Peridot? Why are you here?" A familiar male voice said.

Total word count: 914