Chapter 1: Part 2

"I leave everyone, the future, in your hands A2", she said as she transferred her memories to her sword. Newer models like her and 9S are able to transfer their memories into their swords as their swords are also capable to save their memories like storages memories in the bunker.

A2 watches 2B transferred her memories and pick up the sword. She knows what she has to do, to end her suffering. As she picked up the sword, she instantly stabs her with it, prior to 9S running towards 2B and A2.

9S watch it all, he saw her smiles and call his name.

"Ah... Nines..." she said, for the last time as she fells to the ground. He couldn't take it anymore as he screams and charges towards A2, 2B's killer, but alas the ground shakes and make the both of them fell and separated from each other's.

9S will never forget about it.

And he seeks revenge.

***

"Pod153 to Pod042: Activation of YorHa No.9 Type S is 96.5% complete... Do you think he will be how he used to be? Considering his damages are above average."

"Pod042 to Pod153: There are maybe some slight errors in his programs, but it won't be anything too problematic."

"Pod153 to Pod042: ... The last encounter damaged him too much..."

...

...

...

.

.

.

.

.

...

"Pod042 to Pod153: ... It looks like you have grown some kind of... attachment to him."

"Pod153 to Pod042: All of these android teething troubles, enhance my capability to understand why one life's matters, thus lead me to believe that our makers did this on purpose."

"Pod042 to Pod153: I, too, believe that our makers did this on purpose as some sorts of backup data in our programs to... to accompany our androids until the very end."

"Pod153 to Pod042: 'To accompany' ... I comparable it... though I'm mostly certain that we don't show, need, or want anything."

"Pod042 to Pod153: I agree. Further noted that 9S has a high probability to be still infected by the logic viruses, and needs to be counter-hack by us. Proposal: 9S need to be maintained by counter-hacking after his reactivation."

"Pod153 to Pod042: Affirmative. Proposal accepted."

***

This is bullshit...

They can't hear me.

It's futile to shout out to them. I can't grasp their attention, tch. How do I get out of here then?

This abyss of my own conscious is killing me, literally. And yet... the tranquility in here is supreme, at least it brings some peacefulness into me. Sigh, I hope 2B can be in here too...

To be with me again...

I miss her already...

I wish she's here with me...