The Lady Knight chapter 6

After a nice warm bath and a change of clothes Robin tried to become relax, yet her thoughts and worries prevented that, she was in the house of strangers, in an unknown town, with her brother injured, after being attacked and dragged into the dark woods, yeah her situation is really messed up.

Who were those men anyway , it seemed that they knew who Race and Robin were , they meant to hurt them , but why , Robin couldn’t figure it out at all , Race is such a kind person , heck if it was for him he would never be a knight , he hated hurting others , everyone loved him , so there is no way it was him they targeted , so it must be her , they wanted Robin , but why?

After an hour the only thing Robin succeeded in figuring out is that she was making her headache worse, so she gave up, and got out of the small beige room, with a single bed and a small bathroom the Porter family offered her, Alex was in the room next door, she wasn’t sure if he was to be trusted, but that nagging voice in her head told her to trust him, so she went with it .

“Oh I see you are not asleep yet “Lady Porter said, as Robin entered the small living room where everyone were sitting around the fireplace.

“The past two days has been hectic so I couldn’t sleep, so how is Race?”

“My husband checked him, he is a doctor, and he said he will be just fine “answered the lady with a warm smile.

“Thank you for all your help “the lady smiled and nodded.

“So Robin do you know who those men were?” Alex asked , he was curious why they would try and attack Robin and Race .

“I have no idea , I don’t even know how they knew us “ Robin answered honestly, the elder lady Porter , or  Granny , as she insisted to be called by Robin and Alex  , sighed heavily .

“Child those men are evil , you should be very careful ,  they were the ones who destroyed our original village , they can’t get here thanks to the long cave you went through , but if they did they will kill everyone “

“But, why?” Alex asked skeptically.

“no one knows , it is said that they want the kingdom , they want to steal the thrown , and that they would do anything to get it , even burn our village to ash “

“There must be a reason, for them to do that!” Robin said.

“they won’t get the thrown “ Alex whispered “that will happen over my dead body “ the reflection of the fire on his face showed how serious he was , it was a scary face he had on , not the same cheerful Alex Robin met two days ago , this Alex had anger that will move mountains .

Robin put her hand on his shoulder, he looked at her, and she nodded encouragingly at him

“Let’s destroy them then, I will help you, because those jerks dared to hurt my brother “Alex smiled and nodded.

“Then you got this village’s support “a man in his forties, with brown hair, and a serious expression on his face , said . Robin assumed it was sir porter, he suspicion was proved right when he bends and kissed lady porter.

“Yes we all will help you “Max said excitedly.

“There is no use, you all are idiots “a girl, who was the same age as Robin said as she entered the room, she was a beauty, yet she had one side of her face covered by her hair , and as the wind from the window blew her tall bangs , a huge scar showed itself , it was long from her forehead to the end of her cheek .Robin gasped at the sight of it .

“Yeah I know, that is your proof that they are not going to be beaten, they will kill you all mercilessly “

“Jenny! Enough!” Lady porter scolded her. Jenny just turned around and went into her room.

“I am sorry! That’s Jenny our daughter “Mr. Porter said, and for a second there everyone had sadness in their eyes, even Max.

 Alex and Robin knew better than to ask so they simply excused themselves to their rooms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone , I am sorry for the late updates recently but I  had a lot going on , so please be paitent , and I’ll update as soon as I can .

Please vote and comment if you like this story, and thank you for reading

Sara <3