day 17

DAY 17

Sleeping alone in bed felt lonelier for Mark

Sleeping alone in bed felt lonelier for Mark. He would be so used to hugging Chaewon while sleeping, but now he would grab nothing but air.

Eating breakfast alone was boring too. He had nobody to eat with and no one to talk to in the morning. Even brushing his teeth felt boring because usually they would brush their teeth together. In just 15 days, Mark and Chaewon would do everything together.

She didn't feel like a roommate. She felt like a real girlfriend.

He would come home late at night to admire her sleeping on his bed. He would wake up to an amazing aroma of breakfast foods made by her.

Chaewon mentioned many times that she hated her job and going on dates with other guys and what not, but she played the girlfriend role perfectly. She did that as a choice. Only because she wanted to play the role as girlfriend for Mark.

And he definitely took that all for granted, and was dwelling on the past. When his future was right in front of him.

"So hyung, what you're telling me is that she was a rental girlfriend?!" Jaemin questioned in shock.

"Yes! How many times do I have to tell you that?!" Mark replied in an annoyed tone. He was already embarrassed that Jaemin—who had a girlfriend— found out about the rental girlfriend service.

"I'm just surprised that you would use those kinds of sites, hyung," Jaemin teased. "Honestly, hyung. Do you like Chaewon?"

Mark froze for a bit. There was no way he could have feelings for Chaewon, when he keeps thinking about Sato.

"No, I think... I think I still love Sato," Mark hesitated, but went on talking about his ex which made Jaemin roll his eyes.

"No Mark hyung, I feel like you only think about Sato because you don't want to admit your feelings for Chaewon," Jaemin gave Mark a dirty look while texting his girlfriend. Mark had to think hard about what Jaemin was saying, but there was no way he had feelings for her.

"Anyways hyung, I'm going to meet up with Nari at the cafe. Sort your mess out before talking to Chaewon. She's kinda hurt," Jaemin stood up and walked out of Mark's apartment.

It made more sense on why Chaewon was acting a bit distant when Mark would bring Sato up. She always seemed cold whenever he asked her for help, but she still helped him anyways. To make him happy.

Mark sighed again. Maybe he was over Sato. Maybe, he never loved her in the first place. He just loved the idea of being in a relationship.

Until, Chaewon came in the picture and gave him the real physical feeling of what it was like in being in a relationship.

The service was a choice, but Chaewon did it anyways. For Mark, and most definitely for herself.

Mark facepalmed himself after realizing all of this. And he is super close to losing the chemistry he has with this girl. He stood up and decided to play the role of a knight in shining armor for today. Mark asked Jaemin where Chaewon was staying and headed to that place in a flash.

♥︎♥︎♥︎

As soon as he was in front of the door, he didn't know what to do. He didn't think that far ahead, but he was there now and he couldn't back out. Mark knocked on the door and closed his eyes hoping Chaewon would answer the door.

He head the door creep open and then the door shut in his face once again. He knocked on the door a second time, "Chaewon, I know you're there please talk to me."

"Talk about what?" he heard her yell from the other side of the door.

"Everything, please. Just open up," he answered back, hoping she would open the door. And she did.

He looked at her in her little cozy pajamas, her hair looking like a mess, but she still looked amazing. So naturally beautiful. And Mark admired her.

"Quit staring and come in," Chaewon snapped, and Mark nodded. He sat on the couch as Chaewon stood in front of him with her arms crossed.

"Chaewon, I miss you," he blurted out and Chaewon's eyes widened. "I miss you, I miss us, I miss sleeping next to you, I miss everything."

"I miss your smile, I miss your sleeping face, I miss your breakfast, I miss your laugh, I miss your sly comments, I miss your texts, I miss your—" Mark rambled but but cut off by Chaewon's giggles.

"Idol, what about Sato?" she asked. He knew he didn't love Sato anymore. And that he never really did in the first place.

"I only really liked the idea of her. After she stood me up, I was upset yeah, only 'cos it hurt my pride. I'm Mark fucking Lee!" he yelled making hand gestures that made Chaewon smile. "But that night, I really hoped you would come running in and you did."

"Mark, I quit my job," Chaewon sighed. "I can't be your rental girlfriend anymore."

"I don't want you to be my rental girlfriend," Mark blushed as he looked down at his feet. He knew he was going to say something super cheesy and embarrassing so he let out a small chuckle, "I want you to be my real girlfriend."

Chaewon looked at him in shock, but Mark stood up to hug her awkwardly. She pushed him away from the awkward hug and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Yes, idol. A million times yes," she cheered into his neck. Suddenly, a rush of happiness went through Mark's body that he carried Chaewon and twirled her around in a circle.

To Mark, playing the knight in shining armor role was a success and he got the damsel in distress.